Mac Formatting & Reinstalling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scl5451

Beta member
Can anyone please provide the details or step included to formatting and reinstalling a new version of OS on Mac?

Thanks.

Reformatting the drive and installing OSX

Step 1: Procure OSX install disks
Step 2: Insert disk 1, restart computer
Step 3: Go into the file menu of the install application and find "disk utility"
Step 4: Find the option to reformat the drive
Step 5: Reformat.
Step 6: Restart again.
Step 7: Install your operating system from the same install application. (you may need to hold down C during start up to get it to boot from CD-ROM)
Step 7a-c. Insert disks as needed.
Step 8: Restart and have fun!

Just wondering but does the very first iMacs that came out meet the system requirements for OSX Panther 10.3? The VERY first ones that came out. Also does it need a CD key for installation of Panther? How many discs is it exactly? I'm a Mac idiot, sorry for all the questions.

VanyDotK said:
Just wondering but does the very first iMacs that came out meet the system requirements for OSX Panther 10.3? The VERY first ones that came out. Also does it need a CD key for installation of Panther? How many discs is it exactly? I'm a Mac idiot, sorry for all the questions.

If by first imacs you mean CRT iMacs, they dont meet the official specs but they can run OSX though itll be slow. Get as much RAM as possible in that badboy first, though, so OSX at least runs smoothly.

No, it doesnt need a CD key.

2 disks for the OS, 1 disk more for additions (extra printer drivers, etc.)

oohh I see.. Thanks for answering, I have a few more questions but I'd rather not ask them on the forum, do you have AIM or something I can talk to you 1 on 1? thanks

VanyDotK said:
oohh I see.. Thanks for answering, I have a few more questions but I'd rather not ask them on the forum, do you have AIM or something I can talk to you 1 on 1? thanks

Private message me on the forums. Ill answer you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom