at a loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would have gotten the new g5 but it wasnt out when i was in the market.... but im willing to try the hard drive dump so if youll let me know how i will do it cause i have a friend that has linux

"roberibbery..."

The Imac G5 was relesaed in 10/12/05. You couldn't have gotten that two years ago, because the PowerMac g5 was introduced 8/18/03....

You could have only gotten the iMac g5 last year, and the PowerMac g5 was released in 2003.

Next time you steal an iMac, actualy learn what it is u stealing. (J/K) :p ;) :cool:

Re: "roberibbery..."

ATIRAGEPRO said:
The Imac G5 was relesaed in 10/12/05. You couldn't have gotten that two years ago, because the PowerMac g5 was introduced 8/18/03....

You could have only gotten the iMac g5 last year, and the PowerMac g5 was released in 2003.

Next time you steal an iMac, actualy learn what it is u stealing. (J/K) :p ;) :cool:

thats not right, i have an issue of macworld from december of '04 that reveiws the new iMac G5s, they came out late '04 early '05.

that is the iMac g5. the thing i dont like about iMacs is, you cant upgrade them, and if one component dies them the whole computer is dead. thats why i prefer the power macs any day, more horse power, more releible, and you can upgrade em.

OK, what you need to do is hook up the Mac's harddrive to the Linux PC, then do this in a command line as root:
Code:
mkdir /media/mac
mount -t hfsplus /dev/<device> /media/mac -o rw
Then copy everything you want off out of /media/mac to wherever, then after you've gotten everything, run
Code:
umount /media/mac
as root, turn off the computer, and unplug the drive.

yeah, do what mac dude said, anoth idea would be to find somebody with a powermac and hook your drive up as a slave and then copy the files over. but chances are you can find some one with linux easier than you can find a powermac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom