looking for a mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaylamay

Solid State Member
I have no idea if I have poster here before. I was cheking my cp and couln't find anything. I actually have posted about this before... I still dont' know what to do........
I am a 2d animator and I have graduated from college. I have been trying to get my hands on a mac but I really dont' want to break the bank, since I also have a pc and this mac would only be used for my art.
so my question is, which mac should I get. I want a laptop but I was wonder if it would be a good idea to get a ibook? I know they are old and I am wondering if they will still be able to do what I need. Or should I get a mac book? that is alot of money and I really dont' know if I want/need to spend all that money right now, as I am still swamped and will be forever swamped in student loans.
if any one could give me some insight that would be great. thank you in advance.

kaylamay said:
I have been trying to get my hands on a mac but I really dont' want to break the bank

LOL... Good luck with that! With Mac laptops you are going to pay a premium.... which might be worth it to you if you really want to use OSX... but you will get more performance for your money from a Windows based laptop. Unless there is some Mac specific software that you want to use, I would at least check out all of your options....

like this: http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/ntbkx56800.asp?v=d

It's $10 more but specwise is much better than the macbook. It's ugly... so if you want something that looks pretty it probably isn't for you...

Also, If you are going to get a laptop... I would budget at least $1000-$1300 if you want anything that will last you for more than a year or two.

The General said:
^ And it's only 3 inches thick!

HAHA! Yeah.... it's an ugly, ugly, beast of a machine. I would like to e-slap whoever decided on the "artwork" options for the case.... freakin' UGLY.

But personally, I'm pretty much a function > form ; price/performance ratio kind of person. I would love to get a laptop that looks as good as the macbook or macbook pro... but when I am trying to save money.... cosmetic/aesthetic appeal is the first thing out the window.

The cyberpower pc kinda reminds me of the Millenium Falcon.... Doesn't look like much but performs like crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom