Leopard Hacked To Run On A PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
mac vs pc debates make me yawn.

i like osx simply because it's very stable, it's actually quite powerfull, and it runs way better than windows does.

I've tested osx and windows xp on the same machine and found mac to run quite faster and superior to xp. the gui is nice and all, but it's not a real major deal. also the pretty much the only game i play is WoW, which is supported by mac, so im good to go.

If i want windows, i'll use bootcamp or dual boot. however, there is usually some kind of alternative to any program for windows that needs to be run on mac, it's just a matter of finding it.

to each his own, i guess.

mac vs pc debates make me yawn.

i like osx simply because it's very stable, it's actually quite powerfull, and it runs way better than windows does.

I've tested osx and windows xp on the same machine and found mac to run quite faster and superior to xp. the gui is nice and all, but it's not a real major deal. also the pretty much the only game i play is WoW, which is supported by mac, so im good to go.

If i want windows, i'll use bootcamp or dual boot. however, there is usually some kind of alternative to any program for windows that needs to be run on mac, it's just a matter of finding it.

to each his own, i guess.

While I still vehemently despise Macs and OSX, and generally people who like them, I must praise you for the Futurama reference that is your avatar. Might I add: "WoooooooooOOOOO"

^ hahaha, I know you're being saracastic, but I'd like to add that anybody who gets a virus in Windows is a dip, if you know what you're doing; if you set up a proper firewall, if you know how to look for clean torrents and use a secure browser like Firefox then the chance of you getting a virus and spamware is 0.00000000001%, and besides, people should always be backing up their data and do a Windows re-install every month or two

I wish hackers would just start making more Mac-viruses and bring the entire Mac community to its knees. They are the most annoying, brainwashed and ignorant bunch I've ever seen.

"do a windows reinstall every month or two"?
How stupid is that!? IF you know what you are doing and you are sooo protected by using firefox, proper firewall...blah blah blah...you should not have to reinstall windows for a long long time. So sounds like your pc probably does get infected often....that you MUST reinstall windows every month or two. LOL. Listen to Warez....doesn't matter how much protection you have...

"do a windows reinstall every month or two"?
How stupid is that!? IF you know what you are doing and you are sooo protected by using firefox, proper firewall...blah blah blah...you should not have to reinstall windows for a long long time. So sounds like your pc probably does get infected often....that you MUST reinstall windows every month or two. LOL. Listen to Warez....doesn't matter how much protection you have...

eh? I do a reinstall every month or two because it's the most efficient way of getting your system to be "lean" and clean really quick, rather than going through all your files, cleaning up folders, defragmenting, uninstalling/installing apps, getting rid of spyware/spamware, cleaning up the registry, etc etc. The more software you install, Windows just tends to get bloated a little and I'm willing to do a reinstall every month or two to get that extra degree of snappiness that comes with a fresh install, however, I'm NOT saying it's necessary! It still runs fine a long time down the line with adequate maintenance. Although I admit, I did say that "everybody" should do fresh re-installations in my initial post, but that's not exactly what I meant and I'm sorry for only that much. As a gamer, I'm picky about even the smallest increase in performance, because that small increase of 5 fps, or that decrease in load time means a lot, and I like Windows to be extra snappy, it's no more than about an hour's worth of work to get it installed and set up.

Besides, I've argued the whole security issue with Macs before, if Macs ever do get widespread acceptance, they'll definitely have issues with security once the hacker community realizes there's a larger demographic to mess around with. Macs are not secure because of some kind of advanced technology, but because of lack of interest and infection potential (ie Low population of Mac users...)

eh? I do a reinstall every month or two because it's the most efficient way of getting your system to be "lean" and clean really quick, rather than going through all your files, cleaning up folders, defragmenting, uninstalling/installing apps, getting rid of spyware/spamware, cleaning up the registry, etc etc. The more software you install, Windows just tends to get bloated a little and I'm willing to do a reinstall every month or two to get that extra degree of snappiness that comes with a fresh install, however, I'm NOT saying it's necessary! It still runs fine a long time down the line with adequate maintenance. Although I admit, I did say that "everybody" should do fresh re-installations in my initial post, but that's not exactly what I meant and I'm sorry for only that much. As a gamer, I'm picky about even the smallest increase in performance, because that small increase of 5 fps, or that decrease in load time means a lot, and I like Windows to be extra snappy, it's no more than about an hour's worth of work to get it installed and set up.

Besides, I've argued the whole security issue with Macs before, if Macs ever do get widespread acceptance, they'll definitely have issues with security once the hacker community realizes there's a larger demographic to mess around with. Macs are not secure because of some kind of advanced technology, but because of lack of interest and infection potential (ie Low population of Mac users...)

Yep, if one day os x becomes mainstream(not gonna happen in our lifetime)it'll be just like windows in terms of viruses, spyware, etc...
That is one reason why Mac won't do os x on pc's.

As far as reinstalling windows often....well, it's true when u say the more software u install the more it gets bloated.
I usually reinstall xp or nowadays vista once a year.

BTW, I recently installed os x 10.4 on my pc(sig) and it runs pretty fast and snappy. But I have no sound, ethernet, nor does it allow me to run my desktop resolution at optimum performance....it's stuck at 1024x768. Oh well.

Yep, if one day os x becomes mainstream(not gonna happen in our lifetime)it'll be just like windows in terms of viruses, spyware, etc...
That is one reason why Mac won't do os x on pc's.

As far as reinstalling windows often....well, it's true when u say the more software u install the more it gets bloated.
I usually reinstall xp or nowadays vista once a year.

BTW, I recently installed os x 10.4 on my pc(sig) and it runs pretty fast and snappy. But I have no sound, ethernet, nor does it allow me to run my desktop resolution at optimum performance....it's stuck at 1024x768. Oh well.

Yeah, I was somewhat considering dual-booting OSX on my PC, because, if there's one thing I'll give them credit for, it's Final Cut Pro, and I have a growing interest in film-making and editing, although I am quite highly satisfied at the moment with Sony Vegas. And besides, it probably wouldn't run that well without proper video acceleration. Only problem is getting the right motherboard and video card to support it properly, because like you've experienced, there'll be problems with ethernet, sound and whatnot.

Erm... the subject of mac's looking pretty is debatable at best. (I know you are being sarcastic).

I just can't wait till one person decides to wipe the smug look of the face of mac by coding a virus for it, seriously with mac's having no defence for a virus it would be devastating.

Interesting bit of useless trivia the world's first wild virus was writen for a mac it's name was elk cloner.

Wrong? Its not that people don't make viruses for the Mac, its that is very secure, down to its core.

I'm sure its not 100% immune (no OS is) ..But its pretty safe, saying that it has no defense is insane.

'Yep, if one day os x becomes mainstream(not gonna happen in our lifetime)it'll be just like windows in terms of viruses, spyware, etc...
That is one reason why Mac won't do os x on pc's. '

This too is wrong, OSX is a brilliant OS and untill you've used it or learned a thing or two about the core system than you shouldn't speak :freak:

But on the other hand, I feel XP is nice and secure, I haven't had a problem with it for a while, the only times I had problems with viruses and whatnot was before I got SP2.

Wrong? Its not that people don't make viruses for the Mac, its that is very secure, down to its core.

Not at all.

Its just as easy to code a virus for mac as it is for windows, but why attack a TINY portion of the market when you can attack it all...

Security through obscurity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom