Leopard Hacked To Run On A PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master

Apple's Leopard has been hacked to run on a PC? That didn't take long, now did it? Apparently it is a simple, three-step process.

Well its been only a day since the Mac OSX Leopard was released officially by Apple and the hackers have managed to create a patched DVD that everyone like you and me can use to install Leopard on PC's without having to buy a Mac.

Apple's Leopard has been hacked to run on a PC? That didn't take long, now did it? Apparently it is a simple, three-step process.

Well its been only a day since the Mac OSX Leopard was released officially by Apple and the hackers have managed to create a patched DVD that everyone like you and me can use to install Leopard on PC's without having to buy a Mac.

Great, now I can.... hmmm... dunno... run a crap OS on my PC! Splendid news my good man!

But since its OSX no one EVER will write a virus!

Oh hay, do i also have to turn in my 5 button mouse for one that only has a single button?

But since its OSX no one EVER will write a virus!

Oh hay, do i also have to turn in my 5 button mouse for one that only has a single button?

^ hahaha, I know you're being saracastic, but I'd like to add that anybody who gets a virus in Windows is a dip, if you know what you're doing; if you set up a proper firewall, if you know how to look for clean torrents and use a secure browser like Firefox then the chance of you getting a virus and spamware is 0.00000000001%, and besides, people should always be backing up their data and do a Windows re-install every month or two

I wish hackers would just start making more Mac-viruses and bring the entire Mac community to its knees. They are the most annoying, brainwashed and ignorant bunch I've ever seen.

But my mac is PRETTY!

Erm... the subject of mac's looking pretty is debatable at best. (I know you are being sarcastic).

I just can't wait till one person decides to wipe the smug look of the face of mac by coding a virus for it, seriously with mac's having no defence for a virus it would be devastating.

Interesting bit of useless trivia the world's first wild virus was writen for a mac it's name was elk cloner.

I tried out osx for the first time when osx86 0.4.1 came out. i was more than impressed. the system was still kind of buggy, but i fell in love with it. i used it for about 3 months before i tried updating and inadvertently screwed the system up. I definitely will be a) purchasing a mac in the next year or b) using osx86 leopard if it runs perfectly.

i also had 10.4.8 running like a charm on my desktop for a few months before i also screwed that installation up. i was getting 60-100fps in WoW. Either way osx > anything else IMO.

here's the instructions by the way.

Hack Attack : Install Leopard on your PC in 3 easy steps! | dailyApps

^ hahaha, I know you're being saracastic, but I'd like to add that anybody who gets a virus in Windows is a dip, if you know what you're doing; if you set up a proper firewall, if you know how to look for clean torrents and use a secure browser like Firefox then the chance of you getting a virus and spamware is 0.00000000001%, and besides, people should always be backing up their data and do a Windows re-install every month or two

I wish hackers would just start making more Mac-viruses and bring the entire Mac community to its knees. They are the most annoying, brainwashed and ignorant bunch I've ever seen.

While what you say sounds good to most people, this is very untrue. You can have the most secure system, firewall, etc and you can still be infected with a virus. In order to stop a virus, you need a program that has the newest defs/patterns/rules out, etc. If your program isnt updated or dont have a fix for that virus, then your going to get infected. There isnt a single person on this forum who has not been infected with some sory of virus, trojan, etc. You just simply cant own a pc and not get infected at one time or another, I dont care who you are. If anyways says they have never been infected with anything are full of **** plain and simple. I remember one person on here said they run XP with no SP's or antivirus and they have never been infected, yea right, but why start an arguement with them when your not going to win. :D

While what you say sounds good to most people, this is very untrue. You can have the most secure system, firewall, etc and you can still be infected with a virus. In order to stop a virus, you need a program that has the newest defs/patterns/rules out, etc. If your program isnt updated or dont have a fix for that virus, then your going to get infected. There isnt a single person on this forum who has not been infected with some sory of virus, trojan, etc. You just simply cant own a pc and not get infected at one time or another, I dont care who you are. If anyways says they have never been infected with anything are full of **** plain and simple. I remember one person on here said they run XP with no SP's or antivirus and they have never been infected, yea right, but why start an arguement with them when your not going to win. :D

Well, I haven't gotten a virus in a long while. But you're right, security is not that easily attainable.

Anyway, let's look at it this way: if people are pushing Macs so much, then they look to an ideal world where Mac OSX becomes the dominant operating system, it will get bombarded with viruses. Macs aren't secure because of a superior security system, it's because of lack of interest to develop viruses for it. And as far as GUI is concerned, I could really care less, particularly since as a gamer, 99% of the time I spend on my computer is in a game, not masturbating to a nice wallpaper and some funky useless gizmos on my desktop. And lets see Macs not get BSODs once they have to accommodate the majority of software available in the market. Take note that a lot of BSODs also have to do with faulty hardware, not always an unstable OS. The only time I've ever gotten BSODs are when I've over-overclocked something, that's it. Never for anything else. And as far as gaming's concerned, with limited upgradeability to their hardware and the way they overprice their computers, forcing you to buy proprietary hardware, it handicaps any future in enthusiast-gaming.

I see no major reason why OSX should replace Windows as a retail operating system. Windows is unstable but supports pretty much everything, whereas OSX supports nothing and sports undeserved advantages in stability. Macs and OSX are only there so people can have a user-friendly OS that makes them feel seperate from the pack, to make themselves feel special and unique. If Macs ever do gain widespread popularity, then the same people will probably go into the next fad of computers in an attempt to go against the status-quo.

The only thing I'd ever consider superior to both operating systems is Linux (and all of its distros, specifically Fedora) because it's rock-solid stable, supported by a loyal community of contributing users and developers, because it's free, because it can pretty much run on ANY system, it supports both x86 and PPC-based systems, it's easily accessible, because there is plenty of open-source software support, which pretty much also means legit free software. You can't really go wrong with Linux if you want to get a free and legit operating system, unless of course you're a gamer, in which case, you dual-boot a copy of Windows, no big deal.

On a separate note: Moose and Goose drink orange juice.

Oh! OH!, I always wanted to say this!!!
Gamming on a mac Is just Like Ball in a cup!!!

Lalla you catch the Ball in the cup and do it again!! lalala

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom