Just got a Macbook Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations! Welcome to the life of being a mac user. Now when something goes wrong on windows with your friends' software you can always remind them "you should have gotten a mac". :p

Honestly though, make sure you get onyx for snow leopard, it's amazing to keep your caches finely tuned and your hdd perfect for the most part. Remember osx doesnt have registry so you dont need like ccleaner or anything like that. just have appzapper, which uninstalls your programs on your mac for you, dragging it to your trash bin doesn't do ALL of it. There are still some caches left in your memory and all that when you delete through trash. Onyx needs to be ran once a week, that greatly speeds up your computer. Clean ur baby to! Remember use a soft cloth like a real baby so the mac knows its appreciated :p I recommend micro fiber with special cleaning solution. You can get it at the apple store if you want or maybe best buy because they are authorized to sell. Umm...you could get opera 11 for mac. I have it for macbook and it uses less resources and is faster than safari and firefox.

I also have a gaming pc with windows 7 ultimate 64 bit with another screens. And I have my macbook set up on the right of my 28 in the middle, 22 on the left and macbook on the right. Through mac and pc I have connected a network through Synergy. Also recommend that if you are planning on doing networks shared keyboard mouse through ur computers. Other than that, there are loads of open source cool things you can search on google.

Have fun and glad you got a mac. They all good...well...except linux :p

You might as well get a Envy 14 then, it's still thin and Aluminum like the MBP but has much better hardware for a better price. It even has a better screen than the MBP too if you manage to find one with the Radiance display.

I like Apple alot, but i have to agree.. great looking lappy.

Congratulations! Welcome to the life of being a mac user. Now when something goes wrong on windows with your friends' software you can always remind them "you should have gotten a mac". :p

Have fun and glad you got a mac. They all good...well...except linux :p

Oh my. So much I could say. Much learning to be done.

But hey Lexluethar, enjoy the new laptop! Also interesting to hear about this Envy 14... never heard of it before...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom