iTunes and iPod question

Status
Not open for further replies.

newguy4

In Runtime
First question how do you get the gift cards you can buy in the stores work so it doesnt take money off of your credit card?

Also can you make it so that you can keep your old songs on iPod even if they arent on iTunes still and then add new songs to iTunes so you have the old songs and the new ones.

Thanks

ok I found my answer to #1 but I still need to know if I can keep the songs on my iPod that arent in iTunes any more and still have those adding them on so both are on the iPod is this possible?

Yeah, it should be automatic. The only way you can delet songs from you iPod (i think) is from either the iPod itself, or deleting them from your iPod from within iTunes. It's not going to overwrite your current files unless you tell it to is what I'm trying to get at :)

doesnt it automatically udate it on what is on iTunes? If so I don't have those same songs on iTunes anymore so wouldnt it delete those and out on the new ones? FYI I want both the ones on iTunes and the old ones on the iPod.

The iPod is designed to SYNC with your Mac/PC. If you connect your iPod, you should be able to UPDATE your song list. CAN SOMEONE WITH AN IPOD HELP THIS GUY??

yea I know that it updates it but if the old songs are no longer on the iTunes it takes those off and puts the new ones on and I want the new ones on but not delete the old ones.

Do you get it?

I have an iPod, the first time time I connected it to my computer (it's an Apple PowerBook) it ASKED me if I wanted it to automatically update (or sync) it with iTunes. I told it HELL NO, so the only way I can add/subtract songs is manually. Why not just do it manually? I personally prefer that, because this way I can physically watch and make sure that the songs are on there that I want. I hope that helped. Do you even have an iPod yet, or are you just asking theoreticals?

*In conclusion: just set your iPod prefences to manual addition/removal of songs. That way, there won't be any reason for iTunes to delete any songs off your iPod. That's what I did.

yea I have an iPod and must have hit manual thanks for telling me how to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom