iTunes + iPod & PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

juno_reactor

Baseband Member
HI, I recently got a nasty virus, one that blocked my internet, killed my sound(?) and kept on popping up everytime I re-booted... even after deleting it from the registry and using Safe Mode to erase the files. I did a system recovery and everything is back to factory mode (eww). Now here's my problem: I had a crap load of music laying all over the place in my PC...maybe 3-4 GB and about 20 GB of videos but I'm not worried about the videos or the music I illegaly downloaded. However, I did have about 100 songs that were purchased using iTunes and I was wondering if all that was lost forever and I had to buy it all over again OR if my iPod (which has not been restored) will re-download the music (illegal or not) back to the PC.

A while ago I read in PC Magazine that one of the cons of the iPod was that you couldn't transfer the music back to another PC but I'm not so sure about that anymore becuase I'm sure people would complain about that. Could anyone tell me if it will transfer back to the PC before I lose all my music in the iPod (the iPod restores itself as soon as it realizes that the music is not in the PC anymore?)? ... Help?

yes, I know what you're thinking: "why don't I use the iPod as a backup for all my music and files?" well to answer your question, no. The computer was sooo messed up that it wouldn't even read my DVD-R's or CD-R's - RW and much less my iPod.

woo hoo! thank much mac dude. this helped me very much and im sure many more as i see more and more people comming in to read this and your response being the only one.

I dont think this program works very well, if at all! i've lost EVERYTHING from hundreds of purchased songs to thousands of illegal ones. god knows how long it will take for me to remember almost every artist i had on my ipod. i did everything the program told me to do and then nothing, back to square one.

I did something similar when i got my new computer. Search for idump and then download and install that. It will transfer the songs from your ipod to your computer. Its worked fine for me time and time again.

All you have to do is enable disk mode, copy all the folders to your harddrive, and add them to your itunes library using itunes, but make sure you have enabled copying all music added to the library to the itunes library and check "keeping itunes folder organized" and it will rename and organize everything for you.

*sigh* hence why im still a virgin techie.lol. yeah, i know, thereafter i realized that the huge playlist was the music in my ipod and restored it. idiot mistake but i suppose ill live with it; life goes on. besides, im looking for new styles of music so i suppose it all worked for the better. thank you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom