itouch problems still

Status
Not open for further replies.

wafflehammer

Fully Optimized
Itouch is still being stupid...so i'm gonna copy n paste what i've asked somewhere else.

"Okay. Here goes:

itouch refuses to be detected. I really can not think of what the issue could be. Itouch is newest firmware- 2.2. itunes is newest version- 8.1.1. Reconnect in every order (computer restart, itunes open, then connect.....computer start, connect, then open....etc). Restarted the Itouch by holding the main button and power button. Restarted the apple mobile device software. Tried on multiple computers, multiple versions of itunes, etc... Computer knows it's an itouch (shows it, can open to view photos but that's all). Itunes says "An iPod has been detected, but it could not be identified properly. Please disconnect and reconnect the iPod, then try again". I reconnect, etc...still pops up.

I have no clue what to try. Any help is great."

/sigh...this is getting annoying :|

It's ID has been lost, all USB devices have a unique device ID and iTunes try's to detect what version of ipod you currently have attached to that computer. It knows it's a ipod but has no clue what driver to load to communicate with it.
As far as I can rember there is no way to manually tell itunes what ipod you have attached, so either take it back to the shop an get a refund, sadly as far as I can recall there is no way to fix it yourself.

Oh my ...uhmmm bad words :|

why must apple over complicate things :|

Thanks for the information but I hope you're wrong lol :p I posted this again on the apple forums..Maybe it's still fixable :(

If it makes anything better. I first tired version 8.1.0 and it didn't know what it was, just an "apple device" and when I went to 8.1.1 it at least knew it was an itouch. Does that make any difference?

It might do but i strongly doubt it, about the only fix i can see them doing on it is re flashing it but even then that might not fix it but to be honest if it's lost it's device ID mate there is probably a much bigger problem waiting to bite you in the ***.

Oh an just so you know ALL USB devices have a vendor ID / Device ID it's part of the USB standard, infact there is a program that lets you perform after the fact forensics on a system by recovering the last 50 or so device ID's from some kind of log file that you normaly can't access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom