irfan view for mac (or batch scanning for Mac)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
irfan view for mac? Is there such a thing? What I am after is a cut down program that will allow me to view various graphic files.

However one key feature that I use irfan view for is batch scanning for Mac? My father has about 150 years of family photo's to scan through. One thing that i do like about irfan view is that it will scan and then automatically save according to a naming scheme which I choose. Eg.
World War II - Grandpa Keyboard Cowboy 0001.jpg
World War II - Grandpa Keyboard Cowboy 0002.jpg
World War II - Grandpa Keyboard Cowboy 0003.jpg
World War II - Grandpa Keyboard Cowboy 0004.jpg
World War II - Grandpa Keyboard Cowboy 0005.jpg etc etc etc

I don't suppose putting the pics onto an external drive, then hooking it up to a pc with irfan view is an option?

ACDsee for PC will do that.

the advantage with irfan view is that once you have the batch scanning option set up (which is extremely easy to do), it just a matter of scanning the images. Infran view will automatically save and number. As appose to me waiting about 30 seconds having to click FILE and SAVE all the time.

i know that this 30 seconds thing does not sound like a lot. However when you need to do this across 150 years worth of photos. With irfan views batch scanning option, by the time i have the file saved to disk, i have all ready got the next photo in the scanner and I am about ready to scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom