iPods

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackwrx

In Runtime
Just wondering what everyone's opinions were on them. I really want the new fourth generation 40gig ipod. One question for anyone that has one or has used one though, does the "click wheel" still work the same as the old ones? Do you still spin your thum on it to scroll? And if so how do you click to play and stuff, do you just click on the wheel unstead of moving your finger? Thanks.

I own a new 40GB 4th generation iPod and the click wheel is great. To scroll, it works like a touch wheel. Just glide your fingers over the track; this part has no movement. When you want to select something, however, the buttons depress ("click") like a normal button. Thus it is a meld between a touch control and a non-touch control.

Whats the sound quality like on iPods? I've heard mixed things about them and so am unsure about getting one. They look really nice from the outside and the storage they have is very impressive. Does this quality consistently flow throughout the product though. I mean, what's the sound quality like? Are the batteries which they are supplied with reliable?

For me, it's either the iPod or a Sony HiMD player. A mini-disc player with mini-discs that can hold up to 1GB of storage is an attractive alternative option I think.

Retro.

Retro said:
Whats the sound quality like on iPods? I've heard mixed things about them and so am unsure about getting one. They look really nice from the outside and the storage they have is very impressive. Does this quality consistently flow throughout the product though. I mean, what's the sound quality like? Are the batteries which they are supplied with reliable?

For me, it's either the iPod or a Sony HiMD player. A mini-disc player with mini-discs that can hold up to 1GB of storage is an attractive alternative option I think.

Retro.

I have no qualms with the audio quality, though I have heard those mixed reviews as well. Pretty much music will sound only as good as it is encoded.

The battery is something I cannot attest to because I have yet to get full use of my ipod (I got it a day before I left for a summer camp, which I am currently at. I didnt want to bring it and mess it up) but from what I hear the 12 hour thing is not just a claim but indeed reality.

Thanks g5orbust, thats helped me a little in deciding. Are the headphones supplied with the Ipod any good or would you recommend getting different ones?

Retro

Retro said:
Thanks g5orbust, thats helped me a little in deciding. Are the headphones supplied with the Ipod any good or would you recommend getting different ones?

Retro

The supplied earbuds are top quality, but as a matter of personal preference I bought different ones. If you like using earbuds, the ipod ones are great but if you dont enjoy earbud style headphones, invest in a different pair. Its all a matter of preference on this issue.

g5orbust said:
The supplied earbuds are top quality, but as a matter of personal preference I bought different ones. If you like using earbuds, the ipod ones are great but if you dont enjoy earbud style headphones, invest in a different pair. Its all a matter of preference on this issue.

Disagree completely. In fact, they are one of the primary reasons for the mixed reviews on the iPod's sound quality. They lack 'colour' and 'depth', as well as bass. Otherwise, they have an impressive amount of precision and manage to seperate different timbres fairly well.

Come on...no CD player/MP3 player comes with good headphones!

Re: FREE ipod giveaway

truthbrother said:
i thought this was too good to be true. but then my friend did it and it worked. not only did he get an ipod, but a free tv, monitor and desktop.

go to link snipped and see for yourself.

Not allowed. Please read the rules. Delete this post before it's done for you, and PLEASE don't question it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom