Ipod Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

macrosoftlindow

Baseband Member
I had all my music on my ipod and was listening as i walked in to wal- mart. while in there i stop listening to it and turned it off. when i walked out the door and go in to my car to come home i realized that there was no music on my ipod. when i walked thorugh their metal dectors i thought the cd i bought had set off the detectors but it was my ipod. has anybody everhad this problem or experienced a sudden and explained erasure of their ipod?
??????

Well since the iPod's hard disk is a magnetic disk, any sort of anti-magnetic force could cause disk erasure, though Im not sure how strong of one is needed to erase an entire hard drive. However, I know for a fact that magnetic fields are used as very effective and secure disk wiping tools because they not only erase the disk, but make it completely unusable in the process. while I doubt that the scanners checking for tags at the door of Wal-Mart are capable of this, it is possible. I believe they sell hard drive based things in the store, so it wouldnt be good business practice to have something that erases disks upon leaving...

Have you tired resyncing the iPod?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom