iPod problems... Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KShef

Baseband Member
I have the 2004 iPod and am satisfied with it when it works. I'm not sure what version it is because it's locked! It locked when I tried to use it for the first time and my bro-in-law did something to unlock it. It worked great for a month, but now it's locked again.

It's stuck in play mode but even the song on the screen is locked in place. The backlight is on and the song is displayed but it will not budge from that screen. I've connected it to the power cable (firewire) and I've let it sit to see if the battery discharges. It's still stuck.

What can I do to fix this?

Do you know about the screen lock on the top of the iPod? There is a little button like sliding rectangle that, when behind it is orange, means the screen is locked and when it's white means you can use the iPod...

i cant imagine thats the problem....

hold the menu and center buttons down to reset it and see if that fixes it

I got it! Here's how.

I have the "click wheel" iPod which, as I'm learning, tends to lock (even when not in "HOLD" mode). What we did was switch in and out of "HOLD" mode and then press the "MENU" and SELECT button for six to 10 seconds. This resets it.

Thanks for the help, fellas. I hope this helps others with the same problem.

Re

Yeah, but I think my bro-in-law said he found the solution on a support site that suggested this to be a common problem on the "Click Wheel" iPod, or in Version 3.1.

He said that a different model iPod would require a different method of unlocking it, such as the general suggested above. His was similar to what I did except before holding the MENU and center button I had to switch in and out of HOLD mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom