Ipod Photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can justify a 60 gig iPod photo. That's 1 gig for $10, as opposed to a mini, which as like....$62 per gig. the big sizes of the iPod make it an all in one hard drive and mp3 player. The iPod photos are thick, but i think the battery life is speced at 15 hrs instead of the usual 12. Personally, I do think that the photo function on the iPod photo is overrated....paracute, brick, and solitare would all look cool on a color screen, though.

emeraldice said:
I can justify a 60 gig iPod photo. That's 1 gig for $10, as opposed to a mini, which as like....$62 per gig. the big sizes of the iPod make it an all in one hard drive and mp3 player. The iPod photos are thick, but i think the battery life is speced at 15 hrs instead of the usual 12. Personally, I do think that the photo function on the iPod photo is overrated....paracute, brick, and solitare would all look cool on a color screen, though.

Interesting logic, actually. (all values approximate, and do not include taxes)...so:

Shfl 512m : 200/gig
Shfl 1gb : 130/gig
Mini : 62/gig
20gb : 15/gig
40gb : 10/gig
P. 40gb : 12/gig
p.60gb : 10/gig

If one went by that, the 40 gig 4G iPod and the 60 gig iPod Photo are tied as the best deals, and the shuffle is worthless (which I think it is, but that's not irrelevant).

Personally though, I think this illustrates nothing. These are products aimed at different markets with different budgets and even different uses. Someone with arelatively small music collection will have no use for spending 100 extra for an iPod 40GB, when they could get a 20GB version...seeing as they will never likely use more then 10GB anyway...

If you are able to afford justifying the purchase of a 60GB iPod Photo, then go for it. In my opinion, though, it's not a very good deal for most of the public.

i have a photo and i think that it is definately worth it. it is awesome. my sister has a mini and i cant even imagine living without the color screen. but then again the photo costs twice the money...

SteveGTA, your signature is over the size limit defined by the Forum Rules...you might want to ammend that.

But answering the question it has, those are COMPLETELY different machines...almost not even directly comparable. They aren't even in the same form (desktop vs. laptop)...but if I had the choice between the two for whatever reason (especially if they are similarly priced), I'd personally take the Powerbook.

Okay. Brief off-topicness over...back to the iPod Photo...:p

I checked prices for the ipod, it was around $400 for the 40gb and the 20gb was around $300. these mp3 players are so ridiculously expensive. I think I'd rather strap my desktop & monitor to my back and use a really long power cord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom