Ipod Mini not in 100% working condition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok the ipod were dealing with is an ipod mini. I got it from a friend for 25 bucks because he said it came up with a icon that shows a folder with an exclamation mark. I figured hey that should be easy to fix and hell be an idiot in my opinion. Boy i was wrong. It wont do anything but go to that folder thing or be recognized my windows BUT it will go to the do not disconnect screen that says its also charged but my computer doesnt see it. Any ideas?

so yoou cant get your computer to see it to do a firmware update i think that the hard drive may be bad.

COme on guys theres got to be something. To send it back would cost me according to site, like $200+. Theres got to be something!!!! Like now the pc somewhat recognizes it. Like it senses its presence, but wont make the ipod aware it sees it. So the computer doesnt allow you to do anything to ipod.

Maybe your USB connection is low speed... or something. But then again, mine still recognizes my iPod even though my USB connection is low.

So it wouldn't go directly to iTunes where it automatically updates?

Dude none of the things your saying applies to the problem. Anyway i figured it out. HD inside crapped out. Hit its mtbf a little too early. So im going to send it back to apple for 35 bucks (shipping) and get a new one accoring to the plan. I figure it would only have cost me 75 bucks to get a new ipod mini and sell it for $150 or give it to my mom or something.

If you haven't sent it yet, and you're using Windows, I remember once seeing this happen before, and also going through that article to solve the problem. The issue turned out that the iPod could not be the C: drive. The situation had Windows installed on D: or E: and no C: present at the time, making the iPod show up as an unformatted C: USB drive, which the iPod Updater software wouldn't recognize. It has to be mounted as something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom