ipod

Status
Not open for further replies.
"SnoopDogg-Radeon X800..."

A 4-port Firewire 400 card usually prices around $28 USD. But a Firewire 800, (Whitch is twice as fast,) is usually twice that amount. :cool:

delldude4100 said:
is it true its only firewire? if so can i get a one port firewire pci card? and if so how much is it?

No it isn't true. The iPods now come with a USB 2.0 connection IN ADDITION to a Firewire cable. You have the choice, though some people say Firewire transfers slightly faster for the iPod.

To G5: iTunes can now convert unprotected (non-copy protected) WMAs to AAC or MP3.

To Spyder: iTunes is free. It is a media program that will 'sync' it's media library to an iPod, meaning all songs in your iTunes library will be transfered to the connected iPod. This works nearly seemlessly. You can put any MP3 in your iTunes library. You can use iTunes to import CDs you own on your computer; if you're a P2P (kazaa and what not) user you can have iTunes 'monitor' your shared folder so that any new songs you download will be automatically added, and when you next connect your iPod, you will have them on it. This is NOT to be confused with iTunes the music store service, which has legal $0.99 song downloads in AAC format, which will go into your iTunes library and thus can be used on your iPod. You don't HAVE to use this.

To ATI: A lot of Sony PCs have Firewire...so do some of Dell's 2002 laptops. The thing is, PCs generally have 4-pin firewire, not 6-pin which Apple machines use, so you'll need a small converter (I've got one) and your iPod won't get power by the computer, so you'd better have enough charge to sync a few thousand songs if you take this approach :p...it's what I do because I don't have USB 2.0 ports; I transfered about 1000 songs using USB 1.1 when I first got my iPod...that was a painful experience. I acquired a 4-pin to 6-pin converter quickly.

g5orbust said:
An iPod can have songs uploaded to it using USB 2.0 or six pin Firewire (IEEE1394). iTunes, which is available for the PC and OSX, is the only upload software (though why wouldnt you want to use it?). You may use any music files you have as long as they are MP3, M4A/MP4/AAC, Apple Lossless, Audible, or WAV. WMA, FLAC and OGG, unfortunately, arent supported by iTunes and wont play on an iPod. AIFF files will play in iTunes but will not on an iPod. the iTunes Music Service is entirely optional and the songs are $0.99 a piece and come to you encoded as 128kbps AAC files.

So basically the ipod sucks, because you have to pay for everything?:confused:

No, you can still pay for just the iPod and download music via P2P (but you didn't hear that from me).

-Dan The Man

I am having trouble getting the ipod to transfer my music to it. it will only coy a few songs at a time and then stops and i have to start it again. when i do it manualy it wont transfer any songs. i thought maybe it was the file format so iconverted some songs to AAC format and they still wont stay on there. any ideas?

You don't have to use iTunes to download the songs you want to put on your iPod, but if you want the songs to automatically download onto your iPod, you do have to use iTunes. you can have iTunes search for any music on your computer, which will import them into iTunes, and automatically allow you to sync the iPod to your computer. You used to be able to use Musicmatch to sync up your iPod on the PC, but newer iPods won't sync up through Musicmatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom