ipod

Status
Not open for further replies.

spydersniiper

Baseband Member
what is the deal with the ipod, does it work like a mp3 player where you just dl the songs from your computer... or ive heard that there is a separate network for ipods and you have to use the ipod to dl songs (like satelite radio). is there a montly charge for this... the ipod is enough money so idk.... if ne1 knows more bout it... hit me back

pccc

No monthy charge! And although there is iTunes for downloading songs for your iPod, standard Mp3's and other various music files work the same with it.

-Dan The Man

It's a regular mp3 player. The songs are transfered via usb cable I think. And what you are refering to is called iTunes I believe.

"WireWire X800...."

Pavlyk said:
It's a regular mp3 player. The songs are transfered via usb cable I think. And what you are refering to is called iTunes I believe.
No, Not a USB, but a FireWire (1394) Connection. Most PC's don't have that. ;) :cool:

and the itoons, do u have to pay for that or does it come with the service?
but thanx for the help guys

pccc

iTunes is an OPTIONAL service that allows you to download songs LEGALLY to your iPod for $0.99 per song or $9.99 per album. You may also choose to use Napster or P2P.

-Dan The Man

An iPod can have songs uploaded to it using USB 2.0 or six pin Firewire (IEEE1394). iTunes, which is available for the PC and OSX, is the only upload software (though why wouldnt you want to use it?). You may use any music files you have as long as they are MP3, M4A/MP4/AAC, Apple Lossless, Audible, or WAV. WMA, FLAC and OGG, unfortunately, arent supported by iTunes and wont play on an iPod. AIFF files will play in iTunes but will not on an iPod. the iTunes Music Service is entirely optional and the songs are $0.99 a piece and come to you encoded as 128kbps AAC files.

is it true its only firewire? if so can i get a one port firewire pci card? and if so how much is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom