iPhone 4 on Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsmitley

Beta member
is anyone as excited for this as i am!!!! finally they smarten up :D

but i do have a question..

any suggestions on buying a 16gb over a 32gb or 32 over a 16?

and is the iphone worth it, i current have a moto droid and other than the battery life im pretty happy with it. but the iphone is so tempting

Re: IPHONE 4 VERIZON NETWORK

I get my phone upgrade in 2 months, and I'll be choosing a Droid over the iPhone.

Robot vs. Princess, which one are you? haha

If only my family didn't have a contract with U.S. Cellular... Now that the iPhone is on a network that actually gets decent signal maybe we'll be able to switch to Verizon and finally get smartphones.

I've got a 32GB iPod Touch with over 1k songs on it and a few videos and some apps. I've only used like 4GB so unless you plan to have a ton of songs, a lot of apps, or watch a lot of videos the 16GB should be fine.

Personally I like the iPod Touch/iPhone touch screen (its much more responsive) then other touch screen phones I've used such as the droid incredible and various other phones running android. I also prefer the iOS UI over the Andriod UI as well. And although the iPhone 4's camera is only 5MP it takes higher quality photos/videos than most other phones.

I am looking at choosing a smartphone with Verison here soon, and will be trying to decide between the Android and Iphone. I know if I get an Iphone I have to install Itunes. My question is can I install itunes in such a way as to keep it from syncing with my music and photos? Basicly I have been against all apple devices befoe becasue they are so propriatory,and my wife had an ipod and her experinces with itunes were not good. As far as I an see itunes can be like a virus taking over way too much. So I want to know if I can install it, with out it taking over. I like to drag and drop in windows. I have an ipod and I use Copy Trans to move files to and from, all simple drag and drop.

I would wait until the summer to upgrade as a new iPhone will come out most likely anyway on both networks.

Personally I like the iPod Touch/iPhone touch screen (its much more responsive) then other touch screen phones I've used such as the droid incredible and various other phones running android. I also prefer the iOS UI over the Andriod UI as well. And although the iPhone 4's camera is only 5MP it takes higher quality photos/videos than most other phones.

You shouldn't judge Android by the Droid Incredible, it's a previous gen phone that has a rather mediocre screen compared to the Galaxy S and Nexus S. Also if you don't like the look of Android you can always change it, there are many different launchers available on the market so it isn't difficult to find one that suits what you want. In fact at this moment I have Go Launcher, the launcher from Gingerbread, as well as Samsung's Touchwiz launcher all installed on my phone and can easily switch between them at will. I've also used Launcher Pro, ADW launcher, and Windows Phone Android (a clone of the Windows 7 UI) and all of them were viable choices as well.

The whole point of Android is customization, you can change out launchers, keyboards, icons, add widgets, live wallpapers, etc until your phone is completely personalized. If you look at some of the screen shot threads on Android forums no two phones look exactly the same which IMO is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom