iPhone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the specs I looked up with comparing a Nexus One vs iPhone, the Nexus One had better battery life than the iPhone 3GS, and is directly comparable to the iPhone 4G.

The Nexus One has a snapdragon 1ghz processor.

So, no... snapdragon proc loaded phones shouldn't be automatically assumed that they are lesser in battery life by design.

AT&T has an exclusive contract with Apple for the iPhone until the end of this year. Then again to run on Sprint or Verizon (in the states) Apple will have to create another phone entirely as T-Mobile and AT&T run on different networks the Verizon and Sprint.

thats not entirely true here in canada bell doesnt use 3g technology, its actually something along the lines of 4g from what ive read. and bell still offers the 3gs as an offer as well as the iphone 4 once released. bell canada actually has the fastest network in canada after them and telus spending over 1 billion to get it up and running during the Olympics. also the apple iphone 4 has the same processor as the ipad wich is the apple a4, not sure how fast it is but its gotta be fast. i remember going to best buy and looking at the motorola droid and it was quite slow and slugish even compared to my iphone 3g which is now 2 generations old.

I really want to know how much they down clocked the A4 chip, i reckon it's around 650mhz the same as the old 3GS processor, but being apples own architecture and chip it's faster.

Another point i read somewhere is that smaller body + even faster than 3gs = serious heat ? It's a good point to consider. I am also worried about how brittle the screen is, the fact Apple as made it's own 'bumper' iPhone 4 case seems like they are already admitting it.

Still, i have insurance anyway so it doesn't matter too much.

Also, i want to see some video footage from the thing.

I can't wait to get mine either.

Welcome to TF !

It'd be nice if you could stick around, we don't get many Mac supporters on this forum :p

I really want to know how much they down clocked the A4 chip, i reckon it's around 650mhz the same as the old 3GS processor, but being apples own architecture and chip it's faster.

The A4 is not Apple's own architecture, in fact it isn't even Apple's own implementation of the ARM architecture. The A4 is simply a ARM Cortex A8 cpu plus PowerVR SGX gpu and several other off the shelf components packaged together in a SoC and fabbed by Samsung. This is by no means unique as many companies who do not have the resources or desire to design their own cpu cores (like Qualcomm did with Snapdragon) use this approach.

Welcome to TF !

It'd be nice if you could stick around, we don't get many Mac supporters on this forum :p

Who said I'm a Mac supporter?

My name's Mac and I'm a genius, hence MacGenius.

Nah, I'm kidding. I love Macs. I'm glad to be a board, thank you.

i wish in some form or manner they only made games supporting the ipad and iphone 4 because then they would actuallu be able to compete with things like the psp i imagine.

pre ordered mine the other day at bestbuy without a problem.. cannot wait! I LOVE blackberries... but its time for the iphone. cannot wait

The new Samsung Captivate for At&t has a 1ghz Samsung Hummingbird cpu that is essentially the same thing as the A4 but without the Apple logo so there is no technical reason the A4 couldn't have the same clocks in a phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom