ipad query

Mimosa LSA

Beta member
Ive had my ipad for about 4 years and its very slow to charge. Is it worth having the battery replaced or should i buy a new tablet, if so what would you recommend? Thanks. Mim

Same as it's always been. The plug says 0.35A and the voltage is 230V so the power will be 80.5W ..the lightening cable is new and the plug is 18 months old but the iPad isn't charging so I reckon the battery needs to be replaced or, I bite the bullet and buy new...what do you think?

Same as it's always been. The plug says 0.35A and the voltage is 230V so the power will be 80.5W ..the lightening cable is new and the plug is 18 months old but the iPad isn't charging so I reckon the battery needs to be replaced or, I bite the bullet and buy new...what do you think?

Your calculation may have been correct but you used the AC/input voltage rather than the transformed DC/output voltage USB uses 5v/12v. Apple charger options are listed here
https://www.apple.com/shop/ipad/ipad-accessories/power-cables

There are basically two:

12w chargers are for iPads, 5w chargers are for iPhones. The 12w works with all devices and will make them charge faster so I prefer 12w chargers for all my gear.

Before you spend almost 1,000$ on a new ipad because it doesn't charge fast, i would buy a 20$ 12w charger and see if it helps. Worst case it doesn't help and you have an extra charger for your new ipad :)

Last edited:
It could be the iPhone charger I'm using. I didn't know there was a difference. Thanks for the advise... very much appreciated ����

Back
Top Bottom