Ipad intercepting SMS/Text from Iphone

the1truegamer

In Runtime
All,

I have an iPad (i believe it's the third gen) and Iphone 5. The iPad does not have the data turned on atm, but is on wifi at home most of the time. For some reason from time to time the iPad randomly decides to intercept my SMS messages. I have used the "Messages" app in my iPad from time to time when i want to send something, but there doesn't seem to be any reason why/when it starts doing this. All of the sudden this week i started not getting SMS messages on my phone and getting them on my iPad.

I know there is a way to turn off the app in my iPad, but the solution i would prefer would be either for SMS to go to both and stay synced, or for them just to go to my phone but to still be able to use my iPad to send SMS if/when i want to. Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong here? (besides using an iPad in the first place :silent:) Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you're using the same Apple ID on both devices. If you dont want the iPad to receive iMessages goto settings > iMessage and turn it off.

If you want to be able to iMessage on the iPad you should setup another Apple ID, link the two apple IDs with family share so they can still use each others purchases, then know that your iPad will be using iMessage with the second apple ID.

As for getting them to goto both idk.

Last edited:
Looks like they are blue. I guess all the people that were sending me messages were using apple devices and my iPad was getting them. Not sure why my iPad decided to randomly intercept them after months of not doing so. My have been a connectivity issue with my phone though. Right now my visual voice mail is not working and last time that happened i had to call tech support and reset my data connection.

Did you link your iPad recently or has it been off? iMessage can go through wifi or any data source so that could be it. It should sync up when you grab internet connectivity.

I didn't change anything on my iPad, it has been set up "linked" for a long time. I'm not sure what might have triggered this event. For the time being i just turned off imessage on the ipad and that seems to have solved it. That solution is not exactly what i wanted but i don't actually use it that much anyway so ohh well. Case closed.

Back
Top Bottom