Ipad air 2 vs ipad pro 9.7

heisenbergtz1994

Beta member
Good morning guys!! I would like to buy an ipad in order to check the software of apple, playing games such as hearthstone clash of clans ansclash royale, browsing, trying new apps and watching movies. There is an offer of ipad air 2 with wifi cellular and 128 gb at 635 euros so i m wondering if it is so good that can fullfill my needs for 5 years or i should buy ipad pro 9.7 with 32 gb and only wifi at 730 euros ( in my opinion is expensive). Any help would be more than welcome

Hello and Welcome to the Forums!

With the iPad Air 2 vs the iPad Pro, it comes down to use.

While the iPad Air 2 is a scaled down iPad Retina. iPad Air 2 comes with the iOS 10, which may or may not be a good deal based on use. If you're using this device for solely consumer needs (i.e. videos, apps, browsing) then I recommend the iPad Air 2.

At 128GB, you're guaranteed a great deal of memory for apps and music. Apple music is at a great deal if you are going to stick with iOS, the same goes for their movie software. Of course, anyone on the forums can argue similar devices along the android line of devices.

Thank you dude!! Furthermore, do you think that it is better to wait until april in order to see the new ipads released and maybe a decrease in the price of ipad pro??

It's very unlikely that the iPad price will decrease. Apple generally keeps their pricing level so, although sometimes it increases or decreases, I would expect it to remain the same price. You might want to check out their refurbs on their site. Some of those can be a good deal and have a warranty with them, which is the only reason I would get one there. Check those at the link below:

Refurbished iPad - Apple Certified, 1-Year Warranty - Apple

There will be new iPads coming out early this year most likely, so it's possible that you could pick up a 9.7" Pro for cheaper then, or even look in the Apple refurbished store. I've bought several products from there and they were in perfect condition.

If you're planning on holding onto the device for 5 years I think the Air 2 might not be an ideal choice, but then again I have one and it's serving me very well still.

I wrote some thoughts about these two devices last year if you're interested:

iPad Pro or iPad Air 2? - Colm.io

Thank you mate for your reply!! Nice article too. I lean on ipad air 2 because of the budget and as you mentioned on your article it was so overpowered and i dont think that it will disappoint me for a couple of years to come and for normal use (gaming browsing music movies)

Back
Top Bottom