iPad 2.0 - What do you want?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My father is getting an iPad 2 64GB 3G soon (it's on order). I told him, what's the point of an iPad? My HP netbook does more, and costed half the price. iPad's are basically overpriced netbooks (with a touch screen)

Tablets like the iPad are more convenient and portable than netbooks.

My father is getting an iPad 2 64GB 3G soon (it's on order). I told him, what's the point of an iPad? My HP netbook does more, and costed half the price. iPad's are basically overpriced netbooks (with a touch screen)

While it may do more, it may not be what he wants.

Tablets like the iPad are more convenient and portable than netbooks.

I have to agree. I love carrying around my Tablet over any Netbook or Laptop anyday of the week. While a Netbook or Laptop might be able to do more, my Tablet can do everything I want to do which is the sole purpose of purchasing one. If he is getting an iPad 2, then he must have a reason for it. It must be able to do what he wants.

I'm gonna chime in here with a completely different outlook. I know squat about iPad, MAc, or anything else Apple. However, we are seriously looking into getting an iPad for our daughter. She has autism and there are some fantastic apps for iPad that really help her. Not available for PC or droid. Yeah, it's a pricey little gadget, but if it does what the doctor says it's worth it. I understand it's going to be used for probably one thing only and that's a crapload of money to spend for a specific device. But this is a different situation IMO. I know people who have spent hundreds of dollars on high performance parts to build a PC just for gaming so I don't see any difference. If it is out of your price range or it doesn't do everything you want, don't buy it. We will likely shell out the $$ and get it knowing that it is a one trick pony in our case. And that's fine and dandy if it does what it's advertised to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom