iPad 2.0 - What do you want?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has a new one even been announced? I think this is just for what people want to see in the next iteration.

How about a device that does what I want when i want without having to go through Apple's App Store to get it to work? Oh wait i already have that. But seriously i dont know why anyone wants to use a device that they spent more on that a laptop just to have it be limited to only what the company wants them to use it for. If i want to use the browser and go to YouTube, i shouldnt have to use an app for that. Sorry but it is just flat out silly to spend $400 or more on a iPad when you can get a laptop that does the same things and more for less money.

Mak I make your words my own. To me, Ipad is a waste of money, or any tablet. A netbook is cheaper and more versatile. But that's my personal opinion of course.

Answering the question of the OP, a common usb port would be nice...

I can see the appeal of a properly executed tablet but IMO we haven't really seen one yet. The Dell Inspiron Duo has a good shot at being the first really useful tablet but then again it also doubles as a netbook.

I can see the appeal of a tablet, if your a graphic artist or something like that. You know a tool that you can easily just flip around and make a rough draft of something while on the go and finalize it when your at your power house machine. Something like that i could see. So i really dont think all tablets are useless. They are just more for a specific set of people.

My problem is that i dont want to spend that kinda money to be told that i can visit my favorite sites cause the company doesnt allow it. I mean seriously if Microsoft blocked Flash and forced people to come up with an "app for that" just so people could view some of the most popular sites in the world, people would be going crazy. But since Apple did it and it is only for Apple devices, it is okay? I dont get it.

If i want to visit YouTube or any site that has flash on it i should be able to. I paid good money for this device. I should not be told how i can use it. I should not be told what apps can or cant be installed on it. That is just wrong. I am still boggled by the fact that people are flocking to these devices even though they have to jailbreak them to do what they want when they can get a powerful laptop for the same price and do more!

Anyways i have let off on my rant long enough. I dont hide my discontent for these products cause they make no sense at all. But people seem to want them so let them pay for them and i will use my laptop like i always have. I would like to see some stuff built into the next version of the iPad that makes it more useful to everyone and not those that will bow down and lick Steve Jobs shoes clean.

iPad 2.0 + iOS 5.0

1. Front and back facing cameras (FaceTime is nice)
2. Widgets and full screen multitasking like how OS X Lion has them
3. a retina display (If it exists for a 10" screen) or at least a 1280x720 display. The 4:3 looks weird. Also, make sure it's an IPS display. They look so much nicer!
4. AirPrint that works with ANY printer
5. AirPlay that will stream to my PC with iTunes
6. Wireless steaming from iTunes to iPad of music, TV shows, and movies
7. more RAM (1GB would be epic.. But probably won't happen. 512MB would be good, though)
8. A design like the iPhone 4's. It just looks nice :tongue: But I doubt this will happen.. it would be way too easy to break
9. More than 64 GB storage.
10. Better notification system. I've been using LockInfo on my iPhone and it's just wonderful :thumbsup:

How about a device that does what I want when i want without having to go through Apple's App Store to get it to work? Oh wait i already have that. But seriously i dont know why anyone wants to use a device that they spent more on that a laptop just to have it be limited to only what the company wants them to use it for. If i want to use the browser and go to YouTube, i shouldnt have to use an app for that. Sorry but it is just flat out silly to spend $400 or more on a iPad when you can get a laptop that does the same things and more for less money.

Has it ever occurred to you that people may not want a bulky and ugly laptop with a keyboard that runs out of battery in 4 hours when all they want to do is a bit of web browsing ?
I see your point, and that's fine. But the thing your forgetting is 'what the company wants them to use it for' is exactly what people do want to use it for, so there is no problem there.
If all you wanted to do was have something to casually browse the web, why would you want all the other crap that comes along with a laptop. They are also less comfortable and harder to use.
People arn't stupid. If they wanted to buy a laptop, they would buy a laptop. But they didn't, they got an ipad. Or like many many ipad owners, they already have one.

Anyway..

That's not me ^^ but it's a great app. Essentially i now have a quad core iPad with a powerful gaming GPU. I can do stuff on my iPad most laptops are not powerful enough to do.

Back on topic...

I know it's never going to happen for obvious reasons, but in a perfect world an OLED Retina Display would be really nice.

1GB of ram.
1.5ghz A4 Processor.
SDHC Card slot.
Landscape docking port.
Lighter, but still metal.
Better speakers, again Physics is the main problem here but never the less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom