iOS 7 Wish List

MillField

Daemon Poster
I'm not sure if this has been a topic of conversation yet so I decided to create a thread! After the generally underwhelming iOS 6 what do you think Apple need to pack into their devices to start gaining momentum in the mobile market?

Here's my iOS 7 wish list:

• More useful widgets in Notification Center (WiFi on/off - Bluetooth - etc)

• Live app icons

• Better implementation of multitasking

• More options for unlocking the phone (draw symbols etc)

• Loop when flicking between app screens

• Gestures (similar to those on iPad)

I'm sure I'm after leaving out some great ideas so feel free to add more! :cool:

Human Interface falls under the purview of Jony Ive now so iOS 7 could be something completely different.

I somewhat like the skeumorphism... It's when it gets in the way (Reminders, I'm pointing at you) is when I don't like it

Human Interface falls under the purview of Jony Ive now so iOS 7 could be something completely different.

Yes I'm expecting a huge overhaul in the design. Jony Ive reportedly didn't like Scott Forstalls design on a number of the dock iOS apps. I'm looking forward to seeing what new features and designs are introduced. :D

Widgets!! That's basically all I want lol

I dunno if this is going to work since the pictures say they are "awaiting moderator approval", but here goes.

I have widgets. ;)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

You may also notice different dock icons on each screenshot...that would be because I have Infinidock with a total of 15 icons, and using Springtomize to get the coverflow effect (as well as a number of other tweaks including 5 icon dock/SB, transparency, disabling spotlight, a bunch of other stuff).

I'm still in the process of modding my stuff too, always finding out more stuff to do. Next I'll be employing a scrollable background of the original image that background was made from, changing the default browser for the phone from Safari to whatever I decide to keep using (testing multiple browsers, so far Dolphin has been the best), SwipeSelection for easier select, and probably a bunch of other stuff.

Well that's through jailbreaks.. Lord knows how long ill have to wait for an untethered on my iPhone 5 :tongue:

Well that's through jailbreaks.. Lord knows how long ill have to wait for an untethered on my iPhone 5 :tongue:

True. I was reading this article yesterday about the status, it's taking a really long time for the jailbreak to happen due to pumped up security apparently. I'm hoping it'll be done soon, would love to upgrade my phone...I'm still running 5.1.1 at this point. I could upgrade to iOS6 and do a tethered jailbreak, but no thanks. I don't want to randomly install something that tweaks the base code from cydia just to have to reboot my device and lose my jailbreak anyway. 5.1.1 is still fine for me.

But the reason I mention the jailbreaks in the first place, is I'm willing to bet the jailbreak will be out MUCH sooner than iOS7, so widgets can be had for you.

That's hideous. I would go crazy if my iPhone UI was that obnoxious. I would not expect anything like that from iOS 7, or any future iteration of iOS.

Back
Top Bottom