Importing from Outlook Express (Win Xp) to Mac Mail (OSX 10.6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I have a client that is making a switch from PC to Mac.

I need to migrate his data from Windows Xp to OSX 10.6.
The only thing that is left remaining is his emails and contact from Outlook Express.

Howe do I import both contacts and email from Outlook Express on Windows Xp to Mac Mail on OSX 10.6?

Can we do a simple drag and drop of drop? Or is there some thing else that i need to do?

I'm pretty sure you could do a simple drag and drop. It's always worth a try, lol.

Re: "No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

I'm pretty sure you could do a simple drag and drop. It's always worth a try, lol.

Would like to get some confirmation on this before I go out there and make an idiot of myself.

I do know that that Importing from Outlook to Entourage requires a 3rd party app.

Re: "Adventure…excitement…a Jedi craves not these things." - Yoda

Moving Email from PC Outlook to Apple Mail - Mac Guides
Without any additional software
Open Outlook Express on your PC.

1.Highlight all mail in a folder e.g. "important mail", and drag them into a any folder on your hard drive (ideally - outlook mail/important). Having Outlook run in window mode (not fullscreen) and dragging the mail to a folder on your desktop seems to be the easiest way, because you dont have to switch windows.
2.Make as many folders and fill them this way as you have/need, then copy them to your Mac.
3.Start Microsoft Entourage on your Mac (A trial 'Test Drive' version of Microsoft Office comes with any new Mac).
4.Drag them into a folder the same way as you exported them on your pc.
5.Now you should have the mail in Entourage.
6.Mail can now import mailboxes from Entourage.
don't forget to delete all the other mails (in folders, entourage, outlook), all those mails usually fill up pretty much space on your drives

Thank you. That is what I am after.
+ REP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom