iMac freezing when I attempt backup

Status
Not open for further replies.
OSX will often refuse to boot if there is something wrong with the OS it's self.

I had that problem if it was a hardware issue. What indicators tell you that this is a memory problem?

And anyways, if it was a memory problem, that would affect every component and application, not just a few parts of it.

The refusal to copy files is a big indicator of memory problems with OSX, OSX hogs memory when it is copying files. And no it can effect some applications an not others, here is a example I have got kernel panics on a mac with iffy memory launching iTunes but on the same machine I was able to launch office fine.

Well, just a little update so far. I repaired permissions (and there were quite a few issues) and tried the backup again. As far as I know, the backup was able to get through this time. Now that I have the backup, I will use the OS X Leopard disc to check the memory and if that passes, I'll head straight into the installation.

Surge is correct, Spak my bad I am a Smod I have not had a good day and I took it out on you my apologies I should have acted more mature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom