I need a mac..Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X Leopard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
Well I've never owned a Apple computer but I need to. I do not know them from jack! All I know is that I need a "Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X Leopard". Sounds like that is pretty much any mac out today correct?

I'd like to keep it cheap if I can. I know you pay for the Apple name but I'm only buying this as a project. I'm basically going to try and learn to develop with the iphone sdk. Maybe my ambitions are bigger then my brains but what the heck...I just might learn something!

So can someone tell me where I should look and for what kind of mac?

Thanks for the help!

I've noticed Apple computer prices do not include monitor, mouse, kb, etc. Would it be cheaper to go with a laptop? I see Macbook airs on craigslist for ok prices. I know they are spendy so I'm looking at other options. It's hard for me to tell what is new and old with apple laptops though.

Edit: Also I have a spare monitor here at home. It's a LG 22" LCD. Can I use this with a mac?

Lol, yes you can. The Mac mini will ship with a converter (probably to DVI) so as long as the monitor has a DVI cable you're good.

You can also use a 'normal' mouse with Macs just fine, so all you really need is an apple keyboard. Hit up ebay for that, you can get the older style ones for $15

You could also check Apple refurbs. Best bet is probably Craigslist. You can get used macbooks for $400-600. Although my bro got super lucky and scored a macbook pro for $400 on ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom