I need Mac info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M733mhz

Daemon Poster
So like the title says, Anyone that can help me out here I'd appreciate it alot. I have a ton of questions about Apple's OS. Right now I'm using my backup computer with windows ME on it and to say the least, It sucks. I'm interested in using mac for a couple reasons, My main one being music. I won't be buying a mac, I'm going to see if I can get the patched Leopard running on my AMD system. I looked into it and it appears the only instruction set needed to run a MAC OS is "SSE3"? Unless I'm wrong here? My 4000+ supports that so I hope that's good to go. My next question with this is if I do boot up the OS and after a while I want to use XP instead will I have any difficulties with doing so? Like with the NFTS vs. FAT32 thing, Will the HDD be like forever formatted to something weird like that and unusable for XP is basically my question. So onto the programs, I have verizon DSL, Would I still be able to use this service? This question is really directed to anyone who's used the patched version of Leopard and knows if there's any real glitches in this area. Now I know there isn't a huge fan base of Apple here but honestly how often should I expect crashes and things of the sort? I don't want Biased opinions from people who think "Apple sux" but have never used the OS. I just want to know if it's stable enough for 24/7 usage because my ME system right now is solid as a rock. More questions about Leopard, Does it come with Garage band or is that something you have to buy? Another thing is there an alternative to AOL instant messenger? Or will I be able to just run AIM? Well I won't get too ahead of myself with this post, if anyone can answer any of that, it's GREATLY appreciated. I've been interested in this OS for quite some time and this would sort of be my way of testing it out without plunking 700 dollars out for a mini mac or something, Thanks guys.

While I can appreciate your candor, this is still an illegal endeavor, hence the closure of the topic.

Apple does not legally allow its OS to be put on PCs. You are not buying the OS, anyway, as they do not sell a patched version. While the answers to this situation do exist, you will have to look elsewhere to find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom