Not open for further replies.

Sidewalk

Baseband Member
DSC_0303.jpg

G5intJPG.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

17167946-B.jpg

:p

And frankly I don't even know where to begin. So can I just hook this thing up to my PC monitor (assuming I have the correct adapters), and the rest is history? Google is telling me that both my wireless mouse as well as my G19 keyboard are compatible, but it's hard to believe it'll be that easy! I'm a lifelong PC guy, but I'm excited about this one.

It should all work fine. I had no troubles with my wireless logitech mouse on my old MacBook.

Yeah, everything should work fine.

Although the G5 is Power PC so you can't run Snow Leopard (10.6) and their may be some Intel only applications that won't work.

They were top end machines in there day, I have a Dual 2ghz G5, what a power horse. Looks like you just need a DVI cable and your set to go, as long as there is an OS loaded on the machine. Highest version of OS X you can install is Leopard, and thats where you will be left off, as all future updates will require intel chips. I love the Mac towers, though incredibly expensive. You will never see the inside of a computer so devoid of clutter and cables, very well thought out and it only got better with the Mac Pro. The Mac Pro has slide out trays for the hard drives that remind me of mcdonalds for some reason, looks like where they keep the mcnuggets. Being able to load 4 hard drives in under 10 seconds is a pretty fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom