I hate to say it but.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Office 2008 is just Office 2007 for Windows. :p

I have yet to use a Mac. I dont know if i ever will. With Windows 7 slated to be in Beta soon i will have something to do for a while with Windows. Each person has their preference. I know Windows and love it. It does what i want. Which is all anyone can ask of their OS.

There is no way I am going to pay $1000+ for a mac that will be blown away by my <$600 pc so it's doubtful I will ever try osx. Plus I would have to get past my hatred of apple which isn't going to happen.

In my experience Windows works great and when you do have problems they are easy to fix. That said I do keep a ubuntu partition so I can use all the awesome free apps available for linux.

Oh yeah dont get me wrong, I can no way justify forking out that for a mac to get its OS. And never will. But I still think its a great OS.

I've used OS X a bit (not heaps though). I think it is actually a pretty good OS.
The things keeping me away from it are:
1. You can't customise the hardware like you can with PC's. It would also mean I'd have to go with Intel (and I don't personally like Intel as a company)
2. DirectX (I play games)

Saxon keeps trying to get me to pick up a Mac but I'm still holding out strong. I'm like Mak, very used to the way Windows operates and I know my way around it quite well. Even if I did go Mac I'd have to keep a PC around or at least Boot Camp so I could play my games and so forth.

Apple's marketing bugs me, too, strikes me as rather pretentious and annoying. Not always entirely truthful, either, in their claims.

pc and MS/Windows...and any other non apple product FTW...and FTF...for the future...I just made that lameness up if that lameness hasn't already been made up :D

plus, for all of us fans of democracy, we have to stay away from communistic Apple products.

nothings perfect...sure sometimes MS can be a little imperialistic...but it's a core democracy :D

pc and MS/Windows...and any other non apple product FTW...and FTF...for the future...I just made that lameness up if that lameness hasn't already been made up :D

plus, for all of us fans of democracy, we have to stay away from communistic Apple products.

nothings perfect...sure sometimes MS can be a little imperialistic...but it's a core democracy :D
yeah, that's why Microsoft keeps trying to arbitrarily impose its own standards on people just to spite open standards or software...

Open standards are the way to go, Netscape's main reason to open source there browser was to stop MS from controlling an perverting the free an open standards that the internet relies on. I wouldn't like to think that one person or a company with a single agenda will be controlling a standard that i use on a daily basis.

But even with how strict Microsoft is. It will never be that bad. There is open source stuff coded for it everyday. So even if Microsoft wanted to be real bad about it there are more people coding stuff everyday for Windows OS than i see for Apple and OS X.

Take jsut the boot loader. Microsoft has supported and backed Computer Guru with his building of EasyBCD. They even went as far as giving him source code so he could create it.

Yet all his contact with Apple have gotten nothing but the cold shoulder from them. They will not give him any info on how Darwin works or how to even help create a dual or multiboot system.

For as bad as people say Microsoft is. They will help you. I cant say i see that from Apple. Sorry Saxon but that is what i see.

The reason they wont help with a BL is that OSX isnt designed to run on standard hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom