I am so excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Aunt just brought a ibook G4 933mhz and 256mb and I thought that was amazing, but holy sh!t thats awesome!

"Tell Me who's inviiiited...."

You just got Ripped off!!! The Apple 20" HD desplay woudn't cost anymore than $1500. And the PowerMac It's self would only be roughley about: $2500 All together. :cool: I don't understand what the extra $1000 dollars came from, but i think sou should just get one of the regular CRT displays instead. One for at least: $500 would be good. :confused: :cool:

Re: "Tell Me who's inviiiited...."

ATIRAGEPRO said:
You just got Ripped off!!! The Apple 20" HD desplay woudn't cost anymore than $1500. And the PowerMac It's self would only be roughley about: $2500 All together. :cool: I don't understand what the extra $1000 dollars came from, but i think sou should just get one of the regular CRT displays instead. One for at least: $500 would be good. :confused: :cool:

• Dual 2.5GHz PowerPC G5
• 1GB DDR400 SDRAM (PC3200) - 2x512
• 160GB Serial ATA - 7200rpm
• NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL
• Apple Cinema Display (20" flat panel)
• 56k V.92 modem
• 8x SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW)
• Bluetooth Module + Apple Wireless Keyboard & Mouse - U.S. English
• Mac OS X - U.S. English

Subtotal $4,997.00

When you add in all those options, the price does come to about that. There is no option for 1.5GB of RAM...it's either 1 or 2...so I did 1 and got about the price of 5000. What I would have done here is stepped down a few notches on the graphics card option, cut the Apple Display and gone with a third party one, and cut the wireless keyboard and mouse.

Dude, the 2.5 GHz alone is $2999. And my dad is friends with a guy at the apple store, and the guy said that instead of putting 512 RAM in, they will just put a 1 GB in. He says they are gonna make it right at the store, so yea.

Also, the 20" monitor is $1299

-Andy

waynejkruse10 said:
can apple computers accept ram you buy from shops and stuff?

Yes. RAM is RAM. PC or Mac, it'll work. In fact, right now a friend of mine is using the 256 mb stick of PC133 from my old iMac in her old Dell and it runs fine. :)

Mac ram is more expensive too. If I ever got one I would just buy some fast ram and upgrade to save some $$.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom