I am so excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andydude117

Baseband Member
A while back, my parents told me that if I saved up $500, they'd get me a Power Mac G5. Well, I got a job and I saved the $500. I just ordered it, and here are the specs:

Dual 2.5 GHz Power Mac G5
1.5 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL
160 GB HD
Wireless Keyboard & Mouse
20" Apple monitor

Unfortunately, the whole thing costed like $5000. That's a lot of money for a computer. What do you think?

Who cares what he uses it for! :D He's getting one and thats all that matters! Congrats and enjoy! :D

why do macs cost so much?, is it the proprietory motherboards and cases, because they shouldnt be too expensive because pc ram, hdd, cdroms, can be used. also apple are adopting pc standards like DDr, SATA, AGP 8x, RAID, etc

some of it is proprietary yes, that and the fact that the production runs are small compared to others.Apple does use standard drives and bus standards as x86 hardware

some of it is OS X itself, takes a fairly robust machine to run the GUI apple uses with OS X, Ive run side by side comparisons with OS X vs linux doing the same tasks and there's a sizable difference, same with windows XP which also is pretty resource hungry

andydude117 said:
A while back, my parents told me that if I saved up $500, they'd get me a Power Mac G5. Well, I got a job and I saved the $500. I just ordered it, and here are the specs:

Dual 2.5 GHz Power Mac G5
1.5 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL
160 GB HD
Wireless Keyboard & Mouse
20" Apple monitor

Unfortunately, the whole thing costed like $5000. That's a lot of money for a computer. What do you think?

Advice: Cut the 20" Apple display. Get one from another, brand...for MUCH less. It won't be as cool, but I personally think it's worth the savings, which are significant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom