mac_mogul

The Original Mac User
So Apple released the 24" iMac today.
1920 by 1200 pixel resolution
2.33ghz Core 2 Duo
Nvidia GeForce 7600GT 256mb
3gb max RAM.
Starts at $1999

Looks like I"m gonna have to save up a little more cash than I thought...

macdude425 said:
They're ALL Core 2 Duo now, which is a plus, and the Core Solo Mac Mini is now Core Duo and sports a 1.83ghz proc. Same price too.

Yep. I hope they're planning on another speed bump in January at MacWorld. I know I'm buying a new computer when Leopard comes out, but I wanna make sure I get the absolute newest, fastest one possible. :D This 24" iMac is looking quite promising.

But also, 24" seems quite big for an all-in-one desktop, anyone else think that?
Its going to be a little harder to use the built-in camera if the top of the screen is so much higher than the 17 or 20 inch models. However, it will be easier to enjoy FrontRow with the bigger screen. I may be able to just completely ditch my television then. :)

Yeah, I didn't see the thread in off-topic until just now. I just assumed that since there wasn't a thread about it here, then nobody had posted anything about it yet.

Well the iMac isn't much thicker or larger than it's equivalent sized Cinema Display. I think the 24" iMac will be about the same size as a 23" Cinema Display ... okay well maybe a bit bigger. :p

Make sure the one you get is Microsoft Windows Vista Capable(r)tm(c), lol. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom