hey help please!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobFob48

Beta member
Hello. I have two questions and one of them isn't entirely about my mac. The first one is that i have parallels with xp on it. When ever i try to save on a game called Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 or Civilzation 3, it doesn't let me open the file. It says something like "cannot open file. Invalid data" and a bunch of numbers after. It works fine but if i save it more then around 10 times, it says that message. On Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, the game wont let me save at all. It says that it saved but it when i try to open the file, it doesn't exist. :confused: My second question doesn't have much to do with a mac but here it is. Im trying to get my pc running again. I had an old Windows 98 pc that the monitor broke on. (i think) and a windows xp that had the hard drive crash. Im trying to use the windows xp monitor and the hard drive of the 98 computer to get a working computer. I don't think you can use the monitor for xp again so i assume that ill have 98 on that new pc, but my problem is that after i hooked it all up, the monitor stays dark. The tower of the old pc beeps a few times and then it stops. Not sure what is wrong. The monitor used to come up fine with a message saying non formatted disk. Insert system disk. Iv heard that if you put boot98.exe on a hard disk and insert it in the old pc drive, it will work. I tried doing that on my mac but it wont let me burn it to the disk. Any Ideas??????? Thanks

Parallels s known for being buggy - ditch it for VMware fusion it's the gold standard when it comes to OS virtualisation. Also bare in mind that not all programs will work well on a guest OS some will refuse to work at all or there performance will be buggy.

And can you please elaborate more in the windows area about your 2nd problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom