Hackers Get Windows XP on Apple Computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabyfakid

Baseband Member
Check it out, here's the link. Apparently, the project's open-source too!

EDIT: The original source (from Yahoo! news) didn't work; replaced it with the BBC News version.

did they get the bounty for doing it? heard there was like a 12000 dollar reward for whoever did it first

edit, should've clicked the link first

GameGURU said:
Bleh, I wouldn't waste my time polluting a clean and efficient Mac with Winblows...
It can be worth it in the future to some...

Running Windows using virtualization, as fast as it may be without the need for processor emulation, wouldn't be good enough for gaming. It's great to have a single computer that can boot all the major operating systems. It's a failsafe for switchers, it enables people to play Windows-only games and use OS X for everything else, etc. It would enable a person who has to work on Windows-only software but would otherwise prefer Mac OS to have both on the same machine.

Plenty of people can live totally without Windows (like me, I don't dual-boot this Linux box), but there are also plenty of people who can't.

i dunno, i can play quake 3 in vmware

at 1600x1200 and i get like 45 fps

but im using linux, not a mac. perhaps vmware will come out with a vmware workstation client for intel macs.

lol yeah im so OVER macs

isold imy ipowerbook iand ipood ivideo ifor ia ifantastic idesktop iand icowon a2

ipoo on ipoods

'course the irony is that its an iaudio mp3 player... well, its questionable whether its part of the iaudio line or not, but it says iaudio on the wrist strap. i can hardly notice it when im watching movies on the more-than-twice-as-big screen and recording movies as well. oh, not to mention the built in radio that doesnt require a flimsy add-on that will only end up breaking the usb port and rendering it useless

over it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom