Georgia Man Safe After iPod Catches Fire in Pocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

veg1992

Golden Master
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,299602,00.htm

If you can't stand the heat, get the iPod out of your pocket......

A Douglasville, Ga., man said he had flames coming up to his chest when his iPod Nano suddenly burst into flames while he was working, WSBTV.com reported Friday.

Danny Williams, who works at a kiosk at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, told WSBTV.com that he had the iPod and a glossy piece of paper in his pocket at the time. He said it was the piece of paper that saved him from being badly burned.

The iPod Nano uses a lithium-ion battery, the same kind that has been recalled for spontaneously setting laptops on fire, WSBTV.com reported.

Williams is just glad he escaped suspicion for his enflamed pants.

"If TSA had come by and seen me smoking, they could have honestly thought I was a terrorist," Williams told WSBTV.com.

iPod Sets Man's Pants On Fire - News Story - WSB Atlanta

mmm i wish mine caught fire coz its scratched to s***!! then i could get a lovely new one

why would he light a fire on his ipod? anyways thats y im never gonna get and ishit whether its iphone or ipod or imac or i****

he didn't... it caught fire inside his pocket

dear jesus what happened to the world of simple grammar and reading a post?

it was probably just a bad batch of batteries like how the Dell laptops exploded

why would he light a fire on his ipod? anyways thats y im never gonna get and ishit whether its iphone or ipod or imac or i****

watch that filter bypassing....

anyways the iPod got on fire by itself... very odd.. and this happened near where i live...

Sandisk sansa's are great too... but we see so much iPod stuff that some ppl think its teh only stuff out there....

Sandisk sansa's are great too... but we see so much iPod stuff that some ppl think its teh only stuff out there....
I <3 my Sansa. Only froze on me once, and I just had to do a reset (hold in power button for 15 seconds).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom