G5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blind_Arrow said:
thats cool then, and price difference?

According to Apple.com

OSX 10.3: $129

OSX 10.3 Server Edition: $499

Yes this is quite a large price difference but as far as I can tell, with all the network admin controls and things they jammed into OSx Server, $499 is a fair bargain compared with things like Windows Server 2003.

g5orbust said:
According to Apple.com

OSX 10.3: $129

OSX 10.3 Server Edition: $499

Yes this is quite a large price difference but as far as I can tell, with all the network admin controls and things they jammed into OSx Server, $499 is a fair bargain compared with things like Windows Server 2003.

ahm ahm,

this is too much to consider running just MySQL, PHP and Apache.

one more question g5orbust: let me know the adequate system requirements for running server (MAC). as after looking at the price tag, i'm thinking of degrading my hardware and go for the server edition. :)

Blind_Arrow said:
ahm ahm,

this is too much to consider running just MySQL, PHP and Apache.

one more question g5orbust: let me know the adequate system requirements for running server (MAC). as after looking at the price tag, i'm thinking of degrading my hardware and go for the server edition. :)

The server requirements are the same as the requirements for regular OSX, far as I know, though obviously if youre going to make something a server you should buy a machine that can be expanded and changed as needed. I suggest getting a G4 tower on the cheap from Apple. Theyll run server apps fine and wont cost you a bundle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom