G5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raekwon

Daemon Poster
Anyone wishing they had a G5? did anyone realise that they come standard with an ATI Radeon 9600XT? lol, feel the power! i would love a G5....

I am currently using a 2 ghz G5, with 2 gig ram, I love this machine, it makes my "old" dual 1ghz G4 seem like a snail, and my 700 mhz FP seem like a Apple II. I cant wait for the 30 inch screens to come out, they will be a nice addiction to my home office.

I want one, besides Windows machine :), windows has its own benefits, I cant install SQL Server and some other softwares on MAC :)

and as well, there is no Finalcut Pro and motion for windows :(

Thanks g5orbust,

I know that MYSQL is suported, but I am usng somemore, like ASP, Microsoft SQL Server, MS-Access. besides i'm on windows right from start, but as I started doing work on OS-X, I find it really worth buying, so i'll look for a G5 (dual 1.6) , as a secondary System (just for learning more), primarily I use PC.

just a quick question (limited knowledge of MAC), is both MAC OSX Server and other OS-X are differene products?

also, I want to know, all things that are in OS-X are in serve as well?

and i'#ll understand more, as if u quote example of Windows XP, as I'm on PRO as it has IIS (internet informations server), which Home edition hasnt. but every other thing that is in XP-Home is in XP-PRO

is this the way OS-X server and OS-X differs?

any other comments by anyone, will be most welcomed, so that I wont regret buying OS-X (Standard) and lookign for features like Apache/MySQL/PHP

A G5... It'd be nice to have one for bragging rights, but I honestly don't think I would ever really need that much power. Eventually maybe, but for now.. no. :)

Blind_Arrow said:
just a quick question (limited knowledge of MAC), is both MAC OSX Server and other OS-X are differene products?

also, I want to know, all things that are in OS-X are in serve as well?

and i'#ll understand more, as if u quote example of Windows XP, as I'm on PRO as it has IIS (internet informations server), which Home edition hasnt. but every other thing that is in XP-Home is in XP-PRO

is this the way OS-X server and OS-X differs?

any other comments by anyone, will be most welcomed, so that I wont regret buying OS-X (Standard) and lookign for features like Apache/MySQL/PHP

OSX Server and regular OSX are exactly the same, except for the server edition comes with all those great server applications to help you manage the server its installed on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom