G3 graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Prefect 42

Solid State Member
Ok, My school uses Macs:(... I'm personaly a PC guy and don't no very much about Apple OS or the other apple stuff. I have an old G3 all in one, which is being used to play meesages when were not on. We have to get read of all of them, and i have to hook up a G3 tower to do the same thing. Proplem, The G3 all in one has and S vid out , and the tower dosn't.

I have all kinds of conectors, and have manneged to find an ATI adaptor to get an RCA out. But in the display options I don't see video mirroring. I have the simulscan thing, but it dosn't do anything. I dont know the exact graphics card, but im guesing its a readon something, as it has 1 VGA out, 1 output that i have addapted to be RCA out, 1 S-Vid in, and one RCA in.

I'v have an RCA out pluged in, and an S-VID pluged in to the S VID out, in case it goes both ways. one last thing, when i plug the adapter in stuff happens and i get the simulscan thingy option, and it goes away when the adapter is not plugged in.

Apple suport is no help, So plz Help

PS I more detailed walkthrough than what is avalible in the apple help whould also be a big help, mybe i missed something?

When simulscan thingy is enabled there is no picture on the tv that is conected to the Si vid or the RCA conector

I think Simulscan is for computer to Tv mirroring through S-Video. Strange that your TV isnt displaying it.

Mind telling me what OS you are using on your system?

My guess is os 8.5 or 9. First what control panel are you looking at that's a big hint because 8 will have the combined monitor one while 9 will have it seprate again. Also to do the mirror correctly I think there is one other setting outside of the monitor control or located in another section of the moinotr control but it has been sometime since I used OS 7-9 so I would have to boot into it again. Makes me want a Pismo again....anyone want to trade ^-^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom