Few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah I forgot they are switching to Intel CPUs. Yeah I was planning on buying a new kayboard, mouse and display as well. Its blaspemy to hook a Mac up to a Dell. But the only Displays I've found were 20, 23 and 30 inch which are too damn expensive. If I'm gonna pay that much for one I might as well buy an iMac G5!

The point of the mini is re-using your keyboard, mouse, display, and all. It's for people who have all that but want to change computers. It's really designed for the switch campaign.

The eMac is almost the same computer, but comes with a keyboard and mouse, and...the computer is the same piece as the monitor, so you obviously get that too. The iMac is a more powerful computer.

Yeah having all the power of an iMac would be nice but I dont think I need it. Not at this point in my life anyway. Mac Mini or eMac would probably do nicely.

EDIT: Since the eMac is designed for education, is there anything not included with it that is with other Macs? Or is it good for just a computer to mess around with?

personally if i was speding that much money on a computer i'd go all the way and doo all the upgrades i could, althought its a mac so its gona cost you... and about the mouse thing i found it best that you just buy soemting else other then the mac mouses. i have a mac and im gettin a used g4 and ill have a wacom tablet which is better then the single clicking ones, also with my old g3 imacs i just used a microsoft mouse which was awesome

I've just decided I'll get a mac mini. Its all I really need. I'm thinking about getting the 600 dollar one. And the apple mouse and keyboard. But then again I may just stick with the mouse I have right now. I just hope my moniter is compatable. Its a 5 year old Dell Deminsion. If not I guess I can look for an old iMac moniter. I might do that anyway.

DarkMassacre said:
Oh yeah I forgot they are switching to Intel CPUs. Yeah I was planning on buying a new kayboard, mouse and display as well. Its blaspemy to hook a Mac up to a Dell. But the only Displays I've found were 20, 23 and 30 inch which are too damn expensive. If I'm gonna pay that much for one I might as well buy an iMac G5!

what? ANY monitor you get from ANY where will work with the mac mini. PLEASE read this before you buy it.

DVI, VGA either one. you dont need the apple monitors which are way expensive.

Yeah I know that they'll work with any moniter. Its just that I've heard some had a dim screen or some sort of video card problems. So thats why I was wondering. I found out that that problem has been fixed though so I'lljust stick with the one I already have.

i have my hyundia l90d+ plugged into my powerbook, and i think it looks better than the laptop's screen... but i'm sure there are people that are having problems ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom