Few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkMassacre

In Runtime
I dont actually own a Mac but I plan on getting an iMac G5 some time before this year ends. I just need to get a job first and it looks like I might. But anyway, I have heard that you should upgrade your comp when buying it. Like upgrading to a gig. What other upgrades should I consider when buying it? And about the Apple mice (or is it mouses when speaking of the computer mouse?), do they have any that have a left and a right click feature? Or are they all one button?

DarkMassacre said:
Like upgrading to a gig. What other upgrades should I consider when buying it? And about the Apple mice (or is it mouses when speaking of the computer mouse?), do they have any that have a left and a right click feature? Or are they all one button?
A gig of what?

No longer are all Mac mice one button, since the introduction of the Mighty Mouse last month.

Judging by not so positive reports on the Mighty Mouse, I would still get a third party mouse.

I have never seen a USB mouse that didn't work out-of-the-box on a Mac...you could get a $10 two button scroll wheel basics mouse, or you could get a MUCH more expensive eight button, verticle and horizontal scrolling, 800 dpi, ultra-awesome (or something) mouse.

One other question. I wish to get a Mac but I need a job first. But I'm looking right now. Once I get one I can finally get a Mac. Right now I'm using a five year old POS Dell. So I need a new comp before I destroy this one because of its frequent freezes, and blue screens of death. I was wondering what kind of Mac I should get. I would like an iMac G5 but I dont know if I really need that.

All I plan on doing is using it for normal internet activities, maybe playing some games (I might just build a comp for that) and messing around with videos making music videos and stuff. So what would you recommend me?

Kickass. Guess I'll just get it then. I'll get an iMac at a nother point in life. By that time they'll probably have G6's or G7's out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom