Fastest custom PC vs. fastest Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? He comes into the Mac section and bashes Macs, telling me to use Linux, which I do. It makes no sense! He needs to leave. Maybe I was a bit harsh in my last post, but it was pure emotion.

I'll act more Borg-like this time.

If you are wondering about the power that Mac's have hardware wise, then I suggest you take a look at the "Post your fastest SuperPI times" thread in the Overclocking section of the forum. There, you will find the time that I got in SuperPI running Windows on my MacBook Pro. Clearly Apple chooses good hardware, as I got 28.9something seconds. I held 2nd place over all the uber-clocked Opterons for nearly 3 weeks, until NosBoost beat me by a fraction of a second. ;)

Although many "PC" laptops have the same processor and my MacBook Pro, they are all cheap plastic crap. Mine has a titanium frame and aluminum outer shell. ;)

Also, with the combined power of the faster processor, and an ATi Radeon x1600 w/ 256mb of ram, this computer makes for a great portable gaming system. :)

I like the construction of my MacBook Pro, and I consider it to be not-that-extravagant. It doesn't have flashy lights or anything, its a grey square with an Apple logo in the middle.

And I stay up all night playing Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. Wow am I tired or what?

But what the heck is so freaking special about Mac Hardware???

Why is it, I can get great comp for like 1600$.. (AMD Althon 64 X2 4400+, 2GB, Geforce 7800GT.. and other stuff)
But Mac will cost about 1k more.. and will not works as fast.

(And don't tell me about Dell or some other crap... Those are prebuild.. for ppl that don't know or don't want to know.. and don't really care how fast the comp will be, or don't know what is fast comp and look only at price. I don't care about prebuild, I build my comps.. and build comps for my friends)

So... For what do you pay 1k more by buying Mac.. I want to know.
What is there so good about Mac Hardware... and how come there no Mac (OS) for PC??? If there was such a thing.. there would be much more Mac users then now.

Then you talking that you using Linux on your Mac comp... But you know.. It never going to work as fast as I have it on my PC.

The Hardware is what important.
====

Also.. This is Mac section.. yes..
And we are talking about Mac here. I just asking a few questions about Mac....
Or you just want Mac fanboys here?

Find me a "PC" laptop with 1gb DDR2-667, 2.16ghz core duo, 100gb harddrive, built in video camera, bluetooth, wi fi, 15.4" widescreen, x1600 w/ 256mb of ram, one inch thick for the same or less price than what I spent on my MacBook Pro (which was $2585 USD).

Once you do that, then we'll talk about price/performance hardware between custom built "PC" and a Mac.

Also, I have a "PC" with Linux and Windows on it. I am by no means a "Mac fanboy," as all three operating systems are of equal importance to me. I need Windows for AutoCAD, for my job.

You seem to think that I am a complete noob when it comes to computer hardware. I am not, I am well aware of the benefits of building your own computer, which is why I build all of mine. Notice I don't have a Mac desktop, just a laptop.

All of my desktops are custom built, all my laptops are Macs. That's how I run things.

And honestly, I can't think of any reason to have a Mac desktop, unless you really hate windows and don't know enough to learn Linux. Maybe this is because I just really like Mac laptops.

Okay I'm done rambling.

Maybe you haven't been reading the papers lately, but all of the Intel Macs use the Core architecture. There's something very special about that. The Mac Pro, when it comes out, will likely use the Core 2 Duo EE, maybe even something better. If you can honestly say there's nothing special about that here, try to get away with it in the hardware section and you'll be called an AMD fanboy.

Also, you tell us not to compare a Mac to a Dell, but rather to a homebuilt. Wait, isn't that like comparing Apples to, well, oranges? And if you don't care about so much about prebuilts, then why are you arguing with us radicals?

And don't tell me your Athlon 64 X2 4400+ can out run the Core Duo T2600 at stock speeds, because I will have to laugh in your face.

superpipic7yt7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom