Error Code 36

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevePHxD

Beta member
I am MAC Pro OS X 10.5.8, QuadCore. I have Two external Fantom HDs. Both are Formatted as MAC OS Extended. However, one of them is formated as MAC OS Extended (Journaled) beacuse I didn't know that was used for boot disks, and neihter of them are boot disks.

I am trying to copy some folders, mostly containing FCE files and .mov files, from one drive to the other (both are connected with firewire) Not always but often I am getting an error code 36 in the middle of the transfer. It has happened with .mov files and mp3 files.

I tried copying just the file itself and not the whole folder but I still got the error. Is there anything i can do?

I have been able to transfer some of the files from the folder, but others get the error. They are all AIC .mov files and the were all created at the sam time on this computer.

Also they are fairly large files 10-15GBs

Thanks,
Steve

After reading up on the problem it appears to be an I/O error.

First off I would try reseating the cables, if that doesn't work try using USB if your drives are equipped with USB. If that doesn't work try copying the files to your mac then moving them from your mac to the other external hard drive.

Just a few things I found, I'll do some more research on the issue tomorrow after I get some sleep.

Good luck =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom