Emulation???

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldj

Baseband Member
Hello,

I recently started the thread 'should i get a mac?' and I've tried to basically test it on my PC... I've obtained Parallels Workstation, installed it, some Mac OS X installation disks, and tried to put to and two together... didn't work... I did some searching on the web, and found that people were saying that you can't emulate OS X on a PC... but I thought that OS X was intel-based, so why can't it? CAN I emulate Mac on a PC???

-Donald J

Emulation is slow and useless...

There are ways of getting OSX on a PC, but it's considered illegal by Apple's licence agreement, since apple makes it's operating system for Apple computers ONLY.

However, that said, there ARE ways of doing it. You just have to know where to look.

Where would I look??

I've tried PearPC, but couldn't figure it out... maybe i should try that again...

EDIT: I'm in the midst of trying PearPC again... I figured it out, and am loving it... The install disks I borrowed didn't work so Im looking for some more... Thanks Macdude & WorldIndustries for pointing me back :happy:

-Donald J

You can install OSX natively on a PC. There are many, many catches to it though:

1. You have to find an Intel based version of OSX.
2. It has to be patched for PC use.
3. If you have an AMD processor, it has to be patched yet again.
4. You have to have compatible hardware (Very, very rare to have a 100% compatable computer; many people end up with unusable ethernet, audio or video)
5. You have to figure out how to install it on a PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom