DUMB QUESTION - How to do we boot off the CD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
We got a G3 iMac here. We recently upgraded the hard drive, and we are planning on in stalling OS X on it.

Dumb Question....

What do we have to do get the computer to boot from the CD so we can install a OS X?

:) Simple as pie! :D

Put the CD in, then when you restart the computer, hold down the 'C' key.

If it's any version of OS X later than 10.0 (Aqua) then it should read the CD no problem-o! :)

Follow the on screen instructions and Wham-0!

However, if this does not work, then you may have a problem.:(
Unfortunately, I couldn't help with that problem :eek:

"Biffius..."

And if that dosn't work, Here's what you do if you have OS 9:

In your Control Panels folder (Within the "System Folder",) "one must open the "Startup Disk" Control Panel, and takest forth unto thine selection, whence the Mac OS X startup disk. Therefore thine startup wilst entereth forth 'Startup' unto the MacOS X startup disk..." ........... ..............:confused: ?:cool:

Thanks Guys

However, However now I think i have a MASTER SLAVE Conflict between the Hard Drive and DVD-RW that i installed in there.
I have resenting retrofitted at DVDRW Drive into this Mac. And I resently installed a new Seagate 40Gb @ 7200 RPM hard Drive.

Is there any way that I can can get myself into the BIOS of this Mac so see if there is a master - slave conflict?
Or do I have to putt the computer apart and use trial and error?

Since Macs dont have a traditional BIOS (closest thing is open firmware, which doesnt really tell you stuff like the BIOS does without a bevy of commands), youd probably need to just do trial and error.

g5orbust said:
youd probably need to just do trial and error.

Oh, Joy. You can see that I am looking forward to that one now boys and girls. :(

Oh well, time to get cracking on it then..... Thank you for helping. :) :D :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom