default background

Status
Not open for further replies.

D4RK GR4YL3N

In Runtime
my school has 60 something imacs all with os x installed. the only problem is they locked them down so we cant get put our own background in. i was wondering where the actual image for the default background is located, so i could replace it with one of my own. or something like that. all help is appreciated.

ps they also locked down the terminal and we'll get expelled if we dload any new software from the net

the apple default backgrounds are as follows:

/Macintosh HD*/Library/Desktop Pictures

(*: Macintosh HD or whatever the hard drive is named on your computer)

The default is "AquaBlue.jpg"

If you cant access the main system library (which I suspect you cannot) and you cant access control panels (try control clicking the dekstop and selecting "Change desktop background...") then you cant change the background.

I could find out a terminal command to help you replace the image on the desktop with your own, but alas the terminal is restricted.

Hope this helps.

be there a way for it to run the app that controlls that as root, or whatever darwin calls it?

mrdinkel said:
be there a way for it to run the app that controlls that as root, or whatever darwin calls it?

Since the terminal cant be accessed, no root (sudo) commands can be executed.

G5 is right, but I would highly reccomend you do not disobey your school's peramiters by doing something they [obviously] do not want you tampering with. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom