Cracked LCD screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

surfyak

Beta member
I have an Imac with a cracked screen. The monitor image is good except for a little discoloration around the spidered crack lines. The crack is spreading out 2 - 3 inches in all directions from the impact point.
Is there anything I can do to stop any more spidering of the crack? Will the screen eventually fail?
Any advice much appreciated.

John

Attachments

• jalama barrel copy_1_1.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 74
First off, you wanna get it fixed as soon as possible.
Call Apple, they'll have you package it up and ship it to them. They'll replace the screen and send it back when they're done.

Secondly, its really hard to see any problem with your attatched photo..., perhaps a better photo could give us a better idea of whats going on.

lol im looking at this photo thinking wow thats a terrible crack, then i realized, oh ... thats the scratch i accidentally put on MY monitor...

yeah i cant tell anythings wrong from that picture, when i cracked my LCD (im never going back, all i did was TURN IT ON and it cracked and now the crack is all the way across the screen, and everything on the screen is white

okay incomplete sentence, you get the point

surfyak,

I feel for you man, I really do. I've gone through 2 LCDs in the last 2 years, I'm now on my third! not much you can do about it send it back to apple, or if they won't take it back you are gonna have to buy a new one

Here is a link whereby you can find your nearest Service Provider, to get it fixed/replaced

http://www.apple.com/retail/

Here are the terms of Warranty for Displays

http://www.apple.com/support/displays/service/

hope those Links Help

Good Luck man I'm with you in sprit,

Jake

oj.. ok sorry for oftopic...

but i readed " crack lsd"....

think the best is to send it to repeir.. and hope for warrenty. if not make sure the dont fiks it without asking. u may want to try fiksing it ur self rather than paying for it.

Tjukken said:
oj.. ok sorry for oftopic...

but i readed " crack lsd"....

think the best is to send it to repeir.. and hope for warrenty. if not make sure the dont fiks it without asking. u may want to try fiksing it ur self rather than paying for it.

fiks? fiksing? lol...

crack/lsd maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom