Considering Getting a MAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pilot, I'm not going to use an buy only PC software. I just don't want to have get rid of all my existing software. I will always have a PC running. Secondly, I'm fed up with the way Windows is unstable, crashes so frequently, and is a piece of garbage and prone to hackers. Max OS X isn't since there are hardly any hackers on Mac!

GGOODY said:
Where can we find more info on virtual PC and if you can run PC software, is it some PC applications or all and do they run like they would on a PC.
Thanks in advance.

They run slower than on a PC because of the extensive emulation thats required. Also, VPC is retarded graphically, as it cant seem to access the Mac's graphics processor (though it should be able to, theres really nothing different about them from their PC counterparts.) for more than about 16MB of graphics memory and emulates a crappy graphics card (I think, the last time I checked it was a Trident S3), so games are essentially out.

Thanks Mac and G5.

I am getting one anyway......That lap top for a grand sounds perfect for starters.

I have a question to ask you. I'm going to be doing extensive animation in 3ds Max 7. I'm only a 15 year old working on stuff for my school Robotix team. I dunno what model would suit me best. I know I'm going to use VPC cause I have Windows 3ds max 7. Other than that, should I get PowerMax G4 used or what?

Gee thanx Stevo!

Anyways, the used G4 you were looking at runs at a lower clock speed that the new Mac Mini. So, since I can assume that that program could use a little more clock speed (and, hey, the Mac Mini is much cheaper), I'd still go with the Mac Mini.

Plus, the used G4 on eBay does not come with OS X, and you will need that for VPC. The Mac Mini comes bundled with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom