considering getting a mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
hi guys,

im considering getting a Mac but i dont know which one i should get i just want to play about with it to learn etc etc and ive always wanetd a mac

Apple - Mac mini

Get a Mac Mini at first. They start at about $600 and go up from there. But this way you can get used to OS X and how things work on there. Then sell this off and get a better Mac. Plus going this route will help you knwo if you want to go to Macs for good or not. Would hate to see someone spend all that money on a Mac and not like it.

id go for one of the clones

then when u realize how horrible macs are u can blow it out and put xp or vista on it ;)

Apple - Mac mini

Get a Mac Mini at first. They start at about $600 and go up from there. But this way you can get used to OS X and how things work on there. Then sell this off and get a better Mac. Plus going this route will help you knwo if you want to go to Macs for good or not. Would hate to see someone spend all that money on a Mac and not like it.

Interesting opinion. I feel thats just a waste of money because when you resell it you arent going to get nearly as much cake back from it and honestly if you are getting a mac you have a specific reason for the choice.
I was a diehard windows fan but now that im in school for audio engineering we all got macs and I like how OSX works. I still love my PC and still code on PC's but as far as media Apple kicks ***.
Everybody else who got one loved it too. They are cool *** laptops bro.
My suggestion for which one you get really depends on application. A cheap mac will be cool if you are just using it for college classes n music n **** but if you want to get into audio or video editing you should buy according to your needs.
Let me know what you are playing to do with it and ill make a suggestion :)

id go for one of the clones

Psystar Corporation - Open Computer: The Smart Alternative to an Apple

then when u realize how horrible macs are u can blow it out and put xp or vista on it ;)

yehhhhh screw that. macs arent horrible you are just using it for the wrong application. or you are like the other kids on here and just bash them because they havent even tried them.

macs have gotten much much much better over the last couple years.

yehhhhh screw that. macs arent horrible you are just using it for the wrong application. or you are like the other kids on here and just bash them because they havent even tried them.

macs have gotten much much much better over the last couple years.

I work with them often actually and If thats ur choice and u have one computer connected to the internet it does work. but as far as networking they are way inferior.

and honestly i dont see what they can do that a pc cant, anything i can do on a mac i can do on a pc.

and then God forbid u have a problem and u gotta go take a number at the mac store. :p

tehdigit-

That was just a option. I wasnt sure on how someone would really go about it. I personally cant aford a Mac. :( So i havent tried one. I know you wouldnt get the price back. But it is a option to see if the Mac and OS X are for you. In honesty that seems liek a good option as if OS X isnt for you and you bought a iMac or MacBook Pro you are out even more money then.

Some people are just so dependent on Windows, myself included, that hte learning curve to just jump on a Mac is high.

tehdigit-

That was just a option. I wasnt sure on how someone would really go about it. I personally cant aford a Mac. :( So i havent tried one. I know you wouldnt get the price back. But it is a option to see if the Mac and OS X are for you. In honesty that seems liek a good option as if OS X isnt for you and you bought a iMac or MacBook Pro you are out even more money then.

Some people are just so dependent on Windows, myself included, that hte learning curve to just jump on a Mac is high.

yeh i dig what you are saying but if you sit down and mess with a mac for an hour or two you will be fine. they arent that different really. some different ways of going about the same tasks and different names for sure.

and to the other guy there are applications that are made for mac that arent for PC when it comes to media and even some that have PC versions arent as powerful. PCs tend to get bogged down and macs run much smoother. macs run very clean and ive been extremely impressed by my macbook. i dealt with a lot of issues over the years with my PC and other people PC's. so far i havent had one issue with my mac.

still love PC's though <3

Well i might be getting my hands on a Mac for some use to try it out and test things on it. But this is just a option. By no means is it a end all solution. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom